age

Peka Savayan

Feb 1, 2023, 2:32:18 PM2/1/23
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org

Hi HCP experts,

We are working on HCP-Aging LS-2 of 725 participants. Are that following correct:

(1)    The age of 13 participants is exactly 1200 months

(2)    No participants between age 90 and 100 yr old

(3)    No participants with the total duration of the acquisitions longer than a month

Thank you.
Peka
--
Peka Christova Savayan, PhD
Assistant Prof. Dept. Neuroscience Univ. Minnesota

Elam, Jennifer

Feb 1, 2023, 2:44:37 PM2/1/23
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org
Hi Peka,
We release the ages of subjects 90+ as 1200 because exact age for that cohort is considered PHI. Many of the subjects in this group are between 90-100. Each visit was completed in 1-2 days. Currently we have only released visit 1 (V1) data. Nearly half of the subjects will have V2 data (collected 22 months after V1) in the next release.

Best,
Jenn

Apr 26, 2023, 11:21:42 AM4/26/23
to HCP-Users, el...@wustl.edu
Hi Jenn,

I've run into the same issue. For my project, it's essential that I know the exact age that corresponds to each participant, including participants 90+. I appreciate that exact age for persons 90+ is considered PHI. What are the required steps to obtain the ages for these participants?

Many thanks,
Bram

Elam, Jennifer

Apr 26, 2023, 11:40:55 AM4/26/23
to HCP-Users
Hi Bram,
Unfortunately, we don't currently have a process for non-internal investigators to get the exact ages for subjects 90+. However, we have gotten approval to share exact ages for these subjects in the next release, set to occur in late summer 2023.
Apr 26, 2023, 12:12:09 PM4/26/23
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org

The MIDUS Affective Neuroscience Project team led by Dr. Stacey M. Schaefer at the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Institute on Aging is seeking a postdoctoral scholar to analyze and publish on data from the national longitudinal Midlife in the US study. MIDUS is an NIA-supported study on aging explicitly focused on all the adult years (25-100+) with multiple longitudinal timepoints over the past +20 years. This is an opportunity to become part of a scientific community that is actively engaged with MIDUS and play a key role in analyzing neuroimaging data in relation to affective, psychophysiological, sociodemographic, behavioral, cognitive, biomarker, and environmental data with an emphasis on understanding the factors that are important for emotional wellbeing, brain health, and brain aging.

For more info see link

Additional information: Expected position duration is two years with potential for renewal based on funding and performance. Past and current MIDUS Neuroscience postdocs have been highly successful in obtaining NRSA Postdoctoral Fellowships to extend their training experience. Visit https://aging.wisc.edu/midus-affective- neuroscience-project/ to learn more and http://midus.wisc.edu/ to learn more about MIDUS in general.

To apply please send cover letter and CV to: Stacey M. Schaefer, Stacey....@wisc.edu

UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.

Bram Diamond

May 1, 2023, 12:37:12 PM5/1/23
to HCP-Users, el...@wustl.edu
Hi Jenn,

Do you know of anything I can cite that specifies an est. time-frame for the next release and the approval to share true ages for persons 90+ in HCP-A 2.0?

Thanks,
Bram

Elam, Jennifer

May 1, 2023, 12:45:12 PM5/1/23
to Bram Diamond, HCP-Users
We have the approval to share ages 90+ from our IRB and we have approval from NDA as well so we plan to include ages in months for everyone in the Lifespan 3.0 release set to occur in late summer 2023. This communication is the best I can do as far as something to cite.
Aug 29, 2023, 10:30:53 AM8/29/23
to Bram Diamond, HCP-Users
Hi Bram,
We've found an issue we're fixing now so the release will likely occur in the Oct/Nov time frame.