anatomical area labels in extensively processed rfMRI data with melodic ICA

Giulia Bruno

Nov 19, 2022, 5:35:24 AM11/19/22
to HCP-Users
Dear HCP-users,

I'm using the extensively processed rfMRI data (WU-Minn HCP 1200 Subjects Data Release). I have read in the reference manual that the timeseries data are parcellated with melodic ICA.
these data have 300 components that correspond to ROIs, but how can I associate this ROIs with anatomical areas? I wonder if exist a list of label with the name of corresponding anatomical areas ?

Thanks,
Giulia

Glasser, Matt

Nov 19, 2022, 8:38:34 AM11/19/22
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org

You could use this parcellation instead:

https://balsa.wustl.edu/file/87B9N

Matt.

Giulia Bruno

Nov 19, 2022, 9:22:03 AM11/19/22
to HCP-Users, glas...@wustl.edu
thank you for your answer
to save time, I used the already parcellated data from HCP.  Is there a match between ICA component parcellation and anatomical area names?
I would like to avoid to download every subject and do parcellation by myself.

Glasser, Matt

Nov 19, 2022, 9:41:09 AM11/19/22
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org

No there is not a 1 to 1 matching.

Giulia Bruno

Nov 21, 2022, 6:07:14 AM11/21/22
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org
The melodic ica parcellation, is based on a atlas? In this case, which is?

Glasser, Matt

Nov 21, 2022, 3:12:06 PM11/21/22
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org

The ICA components should be available for download from ConnectomeDB.