PALM CIFTI tutorial question regarding surface-vertex-areas step

Lisanne Jenkins

Jul 3, 2024, 11:27:30 AM (5 days ago) Jul 3
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org
Hi HCP users,
I am trying to follow tutorial 10 for the PALM examples. I am getting stuck at the wb_command -surface-vertex-areas step though. It won't allow me to write a file called L_midthick_va.shape.gii, as in the below example.
for subj in ${LIST_SUBJECTS} ; do
   wb_command -surface-vertex-areas ${subj}/L_midthick.surf.gii ${subj}/L_midthick_va.shape.gii
done

The only input it will accept for that part of the command is the data_L.func.gii from the previous command in that example.
However that file is a concatenated version of hundreds of subjects, but I'm trying to calculate a L_midthick_va.shape.gii file per subject.
Am I supposed to use that file anyway, or parcellate it first, or am I completely off and need to do something else entirely?

Thanks,
Lisanne

Tim Coalson

Jul 3, 2024, 2:58:04 PM (5 days ago) Jul 3
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org
If it won't allow you to write a file, check the permissions.  If there is a good reason you don't have permissions (perhaps a read-only copy of downloaded data), then choose a different folder to write the output to.

It would be helpful if you copied the exact error message from the terminal or log file into your question.

Tim