Screen captures (videos) of HCP 3T stimuli

Thomas Botch

Jul 8, 2024, 9:31:48 AM (8 days ago) Jul 8
to HCP-Users
Hello all --

We are looking for videos of the presented stimuli in the HCP 3T tasks. Unfortunately, we do not currently have access to the EPrime software.

Are there screen recorded videos of the HCP 3T tasks that are available?

Thank you,
Tommy

Elam, Jennifer

Jul 8, 2024, 11:21:42 AM (8 days ago) Jul 8
to HCP-Users
Hi Tommy,
Unfortunately, we do not have screen recordings of the task stimuli, just the component images and the EPrime script.

Best,
Jenn

Jennifer Elam, Ph.D.
Scientific Outreach, Human Connectome Project
Department of Neuroscience, Box 8108
660 South Euclid Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-362-9387
el...@wustl.edu
www.humanconnectome.org

Jul 10, 2024, 9:23:07 AM (6 days ago) Jul 10
to HCP-Users, el...@wustl.edu
Hi Jenn,

Thanks for letting me know. I downloaded the EPrime scripts from ConnectomeDB and had a few questions:
  1. Is there a way to run the task EPrime scripts without connecting to a scanner? Most seem to require a trigger and an SRBox
  2. Is it possible to run these scripts without an EPrime license? We don't generally use this software (and usually use PsychoPy), and are mainly aiming to get example screen captures of what was presented to participants (in movie form)
Thanks for the help here!

Best,
Tommy

Elam, Jennifer

Jul 10, 2024, 11:53:24 AM (6 days ago) Jul 10
to Thomas Botch, HCP-Users
Hi Tommy,
  1. Is there a way to run the task EPrime scripts without connecting to a scanner? Most seem to require a trigger and an SRBox
You can modify the scripts so they don't require these, but we do not have a behavioral version to share.
  1. Is it possible to run these scripts without an EPrime license? We don't generally use this software (and usually use PsychoPy), and are mainly aiming to get example screen captures of what was presented to participants (in movie form)
No, you need EPrime installed to run the scripts. We do not have a movie of what was presented to participants and unfortunately we are not in a position to create it. We have moved on to PsychoPy too.