A question about an error when using the wb_command option "-cifti-convert"

Aaron

Jul 20, 2021, 11:19:51 PM7/20/21
to HCP-Users
Dear HCP experts,

I have a question about the wb_command option "-cifti-convert". When I tried to use "wb_command -cifti-convert -to-nifti" to convert a CIFTI file to a fake NIFTI format, I encountered the following error:

ERROR: cifti rows are too long for nifti-1, failing

I was thinking of using this fake NIFTI file for ICA. Is there any workaround for this problem?

Thank you.

Coalson, Timothy Scott (S&T-Student)

Jul 20, 2021, 11:56:19 PM7/20/21
to HCP-Users
nifti-1 only supports 32767 elements along any dimension (including time), so if you want to use a tool that can only read nifti-1, then you either have to find a way to split your processing up, modify the tool to read a more capable format, or find another tool.

What tool were you planning on using for the ICA?  The melodic in recent versions of FSL should read cifti, though it has a warning about dimensionality estimation.  We also have a cifti library for matlab.

Tim