Glasser 360 atlas

Yonatan Abrham

Jun 21, 2024, 5:02:02 PMJun 21
to HCP-Users
Greetings HCP experts,

We are  conducting tractography on HCP_EP dataset and we would like to do it based on the Glasser 2016 (360 cortical areas) atlas. Do you have any suggestions of any repository where we can download it form in nifty format?

Thank you,
Yonatan

Tim Coalson

Jun 21, 2024, 5:42:25 PMJun 21
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org
It is not a good idea to make a group-representative full-cortex map of human data in volumetric format, volume registration doesn't deal with the magnitude of folding variability involved, see our paper:

We think cortical tractography that uses surfaces for detecting cortical hits can generally be better than using a voxel mask, due to the stairstep nature of binary voxel masks.  However, if the tool you want to use doesn't support surfaces, what you can do is map a cortical parcellation into each individual's volume space separately, using that individual's own surfaces.  See wb_command -cifti-separate, and -label-to-volume-mapping with the -ribbon-constrained option.

Tim

Yonatan Abrham

Jun 21, 2024, 10:02:03 PMJun 21
to HCP-Users, tim.c...@gmail.com
Thank you Tim, I may have to dig deeper and read the paper you shared and see my options. The software we are using is DSI studio, I should have mentioned it in my post, sorry.

Best,
Yonatan