social task stimuli - replication questions

Dorit Kliemann

Jul 31, 2021, 12:32:38 PM7/31/21
to HCP-Users
Hi,

it seems that the frith/happe stimuli have a different resolution (960x540) than the Wheatley stimuli (640x480). The resolution of the frith/happe stimuli seem indeed to be "cropped" at the top and bottom as compared to the original stimuli. As a result sometimes the characters are partly out of the video.

Just confirming that this is how the stimuli were presented? Im not using eprime to so I am recreating the task in psychopy.

Also following up on some open questions from this thread:

- Was the background grey vs black?
- For the videos < 20s: were those just extended to 20s bu having the last frame be on the screen for longer or was the video itself "stretched" to 20s?

Thanks,
Dorit

Xue Zhang

Sep 29, 2021, 11:41:14 PM9/29/21
to HCP-Users, Dorit Kliemann
Hi Dorit and all,

Our lab is also interested in generating a PsychoPy version of the social cognition task, could HCP experts help address the above questions? Or maybe there has already been a PsychoPy version out there if anyone knows. Appreciate any suggestions in advance!

Best,
Xue