[HCP-Users] Applying the Glasser atlas on non-HCP data

Daniel Panitz

Sep 30, 2021, 8:09:15 AM9/30/21
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org
Dear experts,
Being new to the use of Connectome Workbench, I am looking for some guidance regarding the application of the Glasser atlas on non-HCP data.
I have the structural and resting-state functional data for a set of subjects (both in NIFTI format following preprocessing using fMRIPrep), and I would like to create subject-based labels based on the Glasser atlas.
1. Does this require a conversion of the data to CIFTI? If so, how can it be done in Windows?
2. My goal is to create an average time-course for each parcel for each subject - how is that performed?
Thank you very much,
Daniel.

Glasser, Matt

Sep 30, 2021, 8:56:21 AM9/30/21
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org

My understanding is that fMRIPrep can produce CIFTI but I have never used it.  The HCP Pipelines produce CIFTI files by default and can be used together with wb_command -cifti-parcellate on the dense timeseries and this parcellation: https://balsa.wustl.edu/file/3VLx.  Neuroimaging analysis is best done on Linux.

Matt.

Xiuyi Wang

Oct 4, 2021, 3:09:30 AM10/4/21
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org
Hello Matt,

I wonder whether it is feasible to get the individual-specific parcellation for my own dataset using the method you developed in your paper (2016). I have a T1, T2, and one 9-min resting-state scan.

Many thanks.

Xiuyi

Glasser, Matt

Oct 4, 2021, 12:46:50 PM10/4/21
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org

While it is technically possible (that is enough to run the code), we don’t yet know how much one loses by having so much less resting state fMRI data.  This is something we intend to test and publish on to give folks sensible recommendations.

Thanks,

Matt.