Help with T1w downsample HCP images

Daniel Atilano Barbosa

Nov 15, 2022, 4:57:01 PM11/15/22
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org
Dear HCP community and experts,

I am trying to create a structural template with HCP T1 images. I would like to know if it is possible to access or download the 1X1X1 mm downsample volumetric images from the FreeSurfer pipeline per subject. Or if it is possible to downsample the 0.7 mm images from the T1w original database. I am trying to implement AFNI template construction in these images but i have experience problems with the alignment and mean template construction possible due to 0.7 mm of the T1w HCP images.

I will appreciate your help,

Thanks,

Daniel

Glasser, Matt

Nov 15, 2022, 5:18:56 PM11/15/22
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org

It would seem pretty unlikely to me that the correct solution is to downsample the images.  Why not just create an average of the FNIRT aligned images we already provide?

Matt.

Daniel Atilano Barbosa

Nov 15, 2022, 5:43:05 PM11/15/22
to HCP-Users, glas...@wustl.edu
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response, can you kindly provide me more information about the FNIRT aligned images? Are these images named as T1w_acpc_dc_restore_brain.nii.gz in the Preprocess structural folder?

Daniel

Glasser, Matt

Nov 15, 2022, 5:51:05 PM11/15/22
to hcp-...@humanconnectome.org

${StudyFolder}/${Subject}/MNINonLinear/T1w_restore.nii.gz (or _brain if you want brain extracted).

Daniel Atilano Barbosa

Nov 15, 2022, 6:06:05 PM11/15/22
to HCP-Users, glas...@wustl.edu
 Thanks so much for your help Matt!!