Presence on Slack

Michael Heißmeier

Dec 8, 2021, 3:58:47 AM12/8/21
to trai...@hotosm.org
Hi fellow Training WG members,

today it is not the announcement of a meeting but I would like to raise another topic. We do not have a proper channel on the HOT slack and I would like to change this. There is the #learnosm channel which is not widely used and my proposal is to simply rename this to #training_wg. I would like to hear your opinion (whether you agree, prefer to add a new channel or not change anything on Slack) either by mail, in our next meeting or in the #learnosm channel on Slack. After our next meeting I would ask an admin to take action according to our decision.

Best Regards
Michael

Russell Deffner

Dec 8, 2021, 4:03:11 AM12/8/21
to Michael Heißmeier, Training WG
Great question Michael,

My quick gut reaction would be - leave #learnosm for questions/discussion specific to LearnOSM.org as maybe someday that will pick up. Then create a new one for the working group. My concern would be that people wouldn't know to ask about LearnOSM in the new channel and those might get 'lost' in general or elsewhere.

Thanks,
=Russ

Russell Deffner
https://hotosm.org

Victor Sunday

Dec 8, 2021, 3:21:52 PM12/8/21
to Russell Deffner, Michael Heißmeier, Training WG
Dear Micheal,
I think the suggestion from Russel is fine with me. We already have LearnOSM.org  generic for finding answers to questions about OSM.
Let's have a new one for the training WG and if necessary in the future both can be merged together.
Thanks
Victor

Sharon Omojah

Dec 8, 2021, 8:29:43 PM12/8/21
to Victor Sunday, Russell Deffner, Michael Heißmeier, Training WG
Hi Michael,
I share the same opinion with Russel, we can create a training working group channel for wg related activities and interactions but still look into the learnosm channel for any discussions or questions that may come up and help because it is still related to the training wg.

Thanks!
-
Sharon Omoja
Executive Board Member - Inspire Lead
Mobile: +254729686452
Timezone: GMT+3(Nairobi)

Women in Geospatial +
the inclusive network for women in the Geospatial industry and academia |Website

Geoffrey Kateregga

Dec 9, 2021, 3:21:18 AM12/9/21
to Sharon Omojah, Victor Sunday, Russell Deffner, Michael Heißmeier, Training WG
+1 for a new #training_wg channel

--

Geoffrey Kateregga
Community Manager, East Africa

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Using OpenStreetMap
for Humanitarian Response
& Economic Development

Martien van de Griendt

Dec 9, 2021, 9:18:51 AM12/9/21
to Geoffrey Kateregga, Sharon Omojah, Victor Sunday, Russell Deffner, Michael Heißmeier, Training WG
Hi Michael and all,

Since learnosm related things are discussed during Training WG meetings, why not merge the 2 names together?

Resulting in #training_wg-learnosm.

If that is somehow not feasible, i would agree with Russ' proposal.

Regards,

Martien

Michael Heißmeier

Dec 21, 2021, 2:43:51 PM12/21/21
to trai...@hotosm.org
Hi everyone,

most of your answers suggested to keep the learnosm-channel on Slack and to create an additional one for our working group - and here it is! Feel free to add yourself to the #training_wg channel on Slack (and feel free to use it). Our next meeting will be on 3rd January.

Best Regards, Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the New Year!

Michael