Invitation for Ideas and Feedback for the May Data Quality Community WG Webinar

1 view

Benjamin Dills

May 11, 2021, 9:07:25 AM5/11/21
to trai...@hotosm.org, Arnalie Vicario
Hello!

The community working group has been hosting monthly webinars on a range of topics relevant to HOT and the wider community. For the May webinar, we are looking forward to featuring a conversation about data quality in the open mapping ecosystem.

I am reaching out because we would like to engage with the members of the Training WG in developing the topic and speakers list. Here is the briefer where you can share your thoughts (please feel free to add and comment): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LUtgyGTb1-uhYyOTCkjWzGpsZY031c-ntLLLA6SHNoM/edit

This webinar will be two sessions on May 28, one at 06:00 UTC and the other at 16:00 UTC. Ideas for speakers, perspectives, and areas to cover on the topic of data quality are all in the briefer and open for recommendations.

Please review/comment on/add to the avenues of inquiry for the conversation (these are not specific questions for the moderator to ask but ideas to clarify what the conversation is about in planning) and share ideas you have for potential speakers. I am going to start by inviting Ralph, but would also like to hear the ideas you have for additional speakers.

Thank you for your input!
Ben
--
Benjamin Dills
Communications Associate

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Using OpenStreetMap for Humanitarian Response & Economic Development

Benjamin Dills

May 13, 2021, 7:06:04 AM5/13/21
to trai...@hotosm.org, Arnalie Vicario
Hello Everyone,

The 16:00 UTC session of the data quality webinar is coming together well. I am hoping to have a confirmed lineup by the end of the day, including moderator. The 06:00 session is more of a challenge. Can you think of people from Eastern Africa and the Asia Pacific who can give the perspective of:
  • Humanitarian data user
  • Validator, active validator and/or someone who manages/trains validators
  • Other methods, such as software or platforms similar to Maproulette, of improving data quality
Here again is the briefer, and thank you for your help.

Best,
Ben