water demand

Eric Carty

Jun 20, 2024, 12:48:20 PMJun 20
to Hopkinton Crier, hopnotices, Kim B., HCAM news, media messages feed, Kerry Reed, Hopnews, Hopkinton Independent, Gary Daugherty, Jed Fenneuff, Shaun McAuliffe, Elaine Lazarus
Please be advised that this current heat wave has put an enormous strain on the water system. Pumps are struggling to stay pace with demand and we have been unable to refill the storage tanks to safe levels. This poses a threat to both fire fighting capability and any water emergencies that may happen. Yesterday's power outages saw us lose several pumping hours, well stations had to be reset after generators came on.

We ask that you please use water judiciously and to follow all the required restrictions below. Pumps are running well beyond normal operational hours and this does not allow for proper recharge to the aquifers. We ask for your immediate cooperation to help avoid any further restrictions.

———————-
PUBLIC NOTICE
Mandatory State of Water Supply Conservation

May 1, 2024 through September 30, 2024, for all customers connected to the municipal water
system.
Watering lawns, including the use of lawn sprinklers, is allowed for up to two days per week, before
7:00 a.m. and after 7:00 p.m. All other non-essential use is permitted daily before 9:00 a.m. and
after 5:00 p.m.
The following table details when residents may water their lawns based on the
voting precinct in which they live:
Precinct 1 Tuesdays and Thursdays
Precinct 2 Wednesdays and Fridays
Precinct 3 Tuesdays and Thursdays
Precinct 4 Wednesdays and Fridays
Precinct 5 Wednesdays and Fridays

Watering lawns is prohibited on Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays.
The following penalties apply to violations of this Mandatory State of Water Supply Conservation:
● First offense – written warning
● Second offense - $100 fine
● Third offense and beyond – water service may be suspended———

--
Eric J. Carty Water-Sewer Manager
Hopkinton Water-Sewer Dept.

All email messages and attached content sent from and to this email account are public records unless qualified as an exemption under the Massachusetts Public Records Law.

Visit us online at www.hopkintonma.gov.