Homomorphic Encryption Standards Meeting - Aug. 17 Santa Clara

Homomorphic Encryption

Jun 12, 2019, 1:46:14 PM6/12/19
to Homomorphic Encryption, Homomorphic Encryption Standards Community, Homomorphic Encryption Announcements, Homomorphic Crypto Library Discussions
Hi Everyone:

We're happy to share more information on plans for our next standards meeting in Santa Clara on Aug. 17th.

The latest and greatest information about the even organization will be shared on the meeting's webstie:

The event will be hosted by Intel SC12, 3600 Juliette Ln, Santa Clara, CA 95054.
We have no official conference hotel, but there are many good options in the area.  Also, we are co-located with Usenix Security ’19, which is hosted in the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and it is likely convenient to extend your stay there if you'll be at CCS.

Our draft agenda has been published on the meeting website.

We will have a registration page up shortly on the workshop website.

We have tentatively set the registration cost at $100 to cover venue and food expenses, with partial subsidy from Intel AI, Microsoft and Duality Technologies.  This registration cost is inline with what we were paid at the last meeting hosted by the Univ. of Toronto.

Note that Crypto starts on Aug. 18.  For those of you attending Crypto, there are direct flights from SFO to SBA on 8/17 that leave at 8:50pm and 10:35pm and a direct morning flight on 8/18 that arrives at 8:56am.

Thanks!

Sheffer, Yaron

Jun 17, 2019, 10:50:12 AM6/17/19
to Homomorphic Encryption, Homomorphic Encryption Standards Community, Homomorphic Encryption Announcements, Homomorphic Crypto Library Discussions

Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to see we have an "IETF Discussion" slot in Santa Clara, although maybe we'd better call it "Governance" instead so as not to assume a particular outcome.

Anyway, Sam Thomas and me worked on an initial governance proposal with a strong focus on intellectual property rights (a.k.a. patents). There are numerous patents on homomorphic encryption, and they create a high entry barrier for companies and even for open source projects that wish to use the technology. We believe that the best way to tackle this situation is by pushing for transparency: full disclosure of any patents that are essential to any HE standards.

Please read the proposal, feel free to comment either directly on the document or through the mailing list, and let's discuss it further when we all meet.

Thanks,

    Yaron

On 12/06/2019 20:45, Homomorphic Encryption wrote:
This email is from an external sender.