Action Agenda Strategies Review with Hood Canal LIO

Haley Harguth

May 7, 2021, 10:00:50 AM5/7/21
to Hood Canal Shellfish Initiative, Hood Canal LIO, Alex Paysse, Andy Hokit, Barbara Adkins, Brian Stahl, Dave Herrera, Donna Frostholm, Glenn Gately, Ian Rork, Ian Tracy, Jacquelyn Stenman, Jen Thurman-Williams, Joy Garitone, Julian Sammons, ken...@masoncd.org, Lara Gaasland-Tatro, Leslie Banigan, Linda Atkins, Loretta Swanson, Mendy Harlow, Mike Dawson, Paul McCollom, Samuel J. Phillips, Seth Book, Tim Weissman, Al Scalf, Alex Gouley, Becky Hollender, Carlsen, Eric, Carrie Cook-Tabor, Cheryl Baumann, Chris Jones, Chris M Waldbillig, Cynthia Rossi, Dave Tucker, Evan Bauder, Hans Daubenberger, Hansi Hals, Jeannie Abbott (GSRO), Jeff Vanderpham, Joe Sambataro, Julianna Sullivan, Keasler, Benjamin P CIV USN NAVFAC NW SVD WA (USA), Lambert, Josh (RCO), Laura Street, Linda Streissguth, Lisa Belleveau, Marc McHenry, Micah Wait, Miranda Ries, Randy Johnson (rjohnson@jamestowntribe.org), Rebecca Mars, Renee Scherdnik, Ron Gold, Senner, Robert CIV USN NAVFAC NW SVD WA (USA), Siu, Nam (DFW), Stephanie Walker-Jones, Steven Hagerty, Tami Pokorny, Scott Brewer, Nate White, Alicia Olivas
Hello HCCC partners,

Local Integrating Organizations (LIOs) are being asked to review the draft strategies for the 2022 Puget Sound Action Agenda (to be released soon) to provide locally-specific input about the relative importance of each strategy in our area. This information will inform Action Agenda development and priority-setting.

Why you?
HCCC is in the process of re-structuring our committees that would typically engage on a topic like this. In the interim, we are forming a temporary technical workgroup of partners across various areas of expertise. As the Hood Canal LIO, we are looking to our partners who participate on HCCC programs' advisory groups and workgroups to support these efforts, as your personal expertise and knowledge of HCCC programs will be very helpful.

What is the task at hand?
At this time, the commitment is quite small. We will ask you to review the Puget Sound Partnership's draft list of Action Agenda strategies. HCCC staff will provide initial input on the strategies in order to expedite this process. The interim technical committee will meet ONCE (over Zoom) to share and discuss feedback.

HCCC is also using this opportunity to inform updates to our Hood Canal Integrated Watershed Plan strategies. We may ask for further engagement from you as we continue that work. We will also be forming our permanent committee structure soon, and will look to you first for your continued participation if you are so inclined.

Are you interested?
Please respond to the Doodle Poll linked here by COB Wed May 12 to schedule our meeting in June. I will be sharing more information and materials soon for those who participate.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to this opportunity to work with you!

(Apologies if you received this more than once!)

Thanks,
Haley

Haley Harguth | Watershed Program Manager

Hood Canal Coordinating Council | HCCC.wa.gov OurHoodCanal.org

17791 Fjord Drive NE, Suite 118, Poulsbo, WA 98370

360-328-4625 | hhar...@hccc.wa.gov

Note: All emails may be subject to public disclosure