switch the week of meetings?

Richard Eisenberg

May 9, 2023, 8:27:55 AM5/9/23
to Haskell Foundation Board
Hi all,

tl;dr: Do you have an objection to switching which week -- but not the day/time -- of our meetings?

In continuing to try to find a time we can all meet, we've discovered that switching the week of meetings may make it so that all of us can get together. That is, Emily can make our usual time -- but not our usual week, as she has a conflicting biweekly meeting. Are there any objections to switching weeks? That would mean there is a 3-week gap between two meetings at some point.

I actually have an objection to this; I may be able to resolve the problem. But I wanted to know if anyone else had any blockers here before trying to make it work.

Thanks!
Richard

David Christiansen

May 9, 2023, 8:29:04 AM5/9/23
to Richard Eisenberg, Haskell Foundation Board
Hi Richard,

No blocker here.

David

Simon Peyton Jones

May 10, 2023, 4:38:50 AM5/10/23
to Richard Eisenberg, Haskell Foundation Board
I'm fine with meeting the other Thursdays.

Simon

Graham Hutton

May 10, 2023, 5:26:56 AM5/10/23
to Simon Peyton Jones, Richard Eisenberg, Haskell Foundation Board
I'm fine with meeting the other Thursdays.

Same here.

Best wishes,

Graham

attachment.

where permitted by law.

Chris Dornan

May 10, 2023, 5:48:47 AM5/10/23
to Graham Hutton, Simon Peyton Jones, Richard Eisenberg, Haskell Foundation Board
I can meet on the alternate Thursdays but can I suggest that we do don't disrupt our arrangements unless there is a long term need.

If everyone else is happy to do it then I am fine but I suspect there will be a certain amount of stress involved for some and it might be easier to push through on our current cycle even if some won't be able to attend a couple of calls, or we move (say) one of the calls.

Chris

Chris Dornan

May 10, 2023, 6:41:05 AM5/10/23
to Tom Ellis, bo...@haskell.foundation
[board copied]

Sorry, I have probably missed something -- if flipping to the other phase is needed to accommodate Emily then we should try and do that of course. I thought we were trying to work around a couple of dates that were proving problematic for some.

Sorry for the confusion -- I just wanted to clarify.

> On 10 May 2023, at 10:53, Tom Ellis <tom-...@tomellis.org> wrote:
>
> There's a need to accommodate Emily, isn't there? Or did I miss something?

Scott Conley

May 10, 2023, 9:46:24 AM5/10/23
to Richard Eisenberg, Haskell Foundation Board
Hi RIchard,

Alternate Thursday works for me.

sc

Evie Ciobanu

May 10, 2023, 10:01:39 AM5/10/23
to Richard Eisenberg, Haskell Foundation Board
Hello,

This works for me as well.

May 10, 2023, 11:32:23 AM5/10/23
to Richard Eisenberg, Haskell Foundation Board
Fine with me as well.

(I just couldn't make it tomorrow if that's part of the plan.)

Best,
Andres