HardenedBSD infrastructure maintenance

Shawn Webb

Jul 1, 2024, 3:32:24 PMJul 1
to HardenedBSD Users
Hey all,

I plan to take down parts of the infrastructure today in order to
apply updates across all systems.

This update cycle is to address a recent OpenSSH vulnerability that
impacts FreeBSD and HardenedBSD systems:
https://www.freebsd.org/security/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-24:04.openssh.asc

I have started a new build of hbsdfw (a HardenedBSD 14-STABLE based
soft fork of OPNsense). When that build is ready, I plan to deploy it
(likely tomorrow).

I'll keep everyone informed.

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer

Tor-ified Signal: +1 303-901-1600 / shawn_webb_opsec.50
https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/pubkeys/-/raw/master/Shawn_Webb/03A4CBEBB82EA5A67D9F3853FF2E67A277F8E1FA.pub.asc
signature.asc

Shawn Webb

Jul 2, 2024, 1:27:54 PMJul 2
to HardenedBSD Users
On Mon, Jul 01, 2024 at 07:32:21PM +0000, Shawn Webb wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I plan to take down parts of the infrastructure today in order to
> apply updates across all systems.
>
> This update cycle is to address a recent OpenSSH vulnerability that
> impacts FreeBSD and HardenedBSD systems:
> https://www.freebsd.org/security/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-24:04.openssh.asc
>
> I have started a new build of hbsdfw (a HardenedBSD 14-STABLE based
> soft fork of OPNsense). When that build is ready, I plan to deploy it
> (likely tomorrow).

Hey all,

Maintenance has completed. It looks like the pf kernel code is a bit
unstable on 14-stable, so I will not publish a new build of hbsdfw.

The following DNS A records have been updated:

1. git.hardenedbsd.org
2. hbsd-pkg-13-stable-01.hardenedbsd.org
3. hbsd-pkg-14-stable-01.hardenedbsd.org
4. hbsd-pkg-current-01.hardenedbsd.org
5. installers.hardenedbsd.org
6. rsync.hardenedbsd.org
7. vaultwarden.hardenedbsd.org