GitLab Emergency Maintenance

Shawn Webb

Mar 10, 2022, 12:26:19 PM3/10/22
to us...@hardenedbsd.org
Hey all,

On Friday, 11 Mar 2022, I will take the GitLab server down for
emergency maintenance. With one drive failed in a raidz2 and a set of
SSDs ready to deploy, I plan to rebuild the pool entirely, replacing
the old spinning rust drives with the new SSDs.

I will keep everyone informed as to my progress.

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer

https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/pubkeys/-/raw/master/Shawn_Webb/03A4CBEBB82EA5A67D9F3853FF2E67A277F8E1FA.pub.asc
signature.asc

Shawn Webb

Mar 11, 2022, 8:21:43 AM3/11/22
to us...@hardenedbsd.org
On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 12:26:16PM -0500, Shawn Webb wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> On Friday, 11 Mar 2022, I will take the GitLab server down for
> emergency maintenance. With one drive failed in a raidz2 and a set of
> SSDs ready to deploy, I plan to rebuild the pool entirely, replacing
> the old spinning rust drives with the new SSDs.
>
> I will keep everyone informed as to my progress.

I'm about to take the server down now to start the maintenance.
signature.asc

Shawn Webb

Mar 11, 2022, 3:32:05 PM3/11/22
to us...@hardenedbsd.org
On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 08:21:40AM -0500, Shawn Webb wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 12:26:16PM -0500, Shawn Webb wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > On Friday, 11 Mar 2022, I will take the GitLab server down for
> > emergency maintenance. With one drive failed in a raidz2 and a set of
> > SSDs ready to deploy, I plan to rebuild the pool entirely, replacing
> > the old spinning rust drives with the new SSDs.
> >
> > I will keep everyone informed as to my progress.
>
> I'm about to take the server down now to start the maintenance.

The server's back up! We're about 90% completed. We need to resolve
some SSL/TLS cert issues. Web browser access to GitLab should work
fine.

Users who use ssh to clone their repos should work fine. Users who
clone their repos using `git clone https://...` will need to wait for
us to resolve the SSL/TLS cert issues.

I'll keep everyone informed as to when the cert issues are resolved.
signature.asc

Shawn Webb

Mar 12, 2022, 1:00:29 PM3/12/22
to us...@hardenedbsd.org
On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 03:32:02PM -0500, Shawn Webb wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 08:21:40AM -0500, Shawn Webb wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 12:26:16PM -0500, Shawn Webb wrote:
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > On Friday, 11 Mar 2022, I will take the GitLab server down for
> > > emergency maintenance. With one drive failed in a raidz2 and a set of
> > > SSDs ready to deploy, I plan to rebuild the pool entirely, replacing
> > > the old spinning rust drives with the new SSDs.
> > >
> > > I will keep everyone informed as to my progress.
> >
> > I'm about to take the server down now to start the maintenance.
>
> The server's back up! We're about 90% completed. We need to resolve
> some SSL/TLS cert issues. Web browser access to GitLab should work
> fine.
>
> Users who use ssh to clone their repos should work fine. Users who
> clone their repos using `git clone https://...` will need to wait for
> us to resolve the SSL/TLS cert issues.
>
> I'll keep everyone informed as to when the cert issues are resolved.

I believe the cert issues should be resolved. If anyone has issues
with HTTPS, please let me know.
signature.asc

F N

Mar 14, 2022, 4:34:22 AM3/14/22
to HardenedBSD Users, Shawn Webb
Hi,

according to my observations in the last past hours, the initial cert issues are gone on my side.
Thank you for your work and assistance.

Frank