HEADS UP: Potential move of HardenedBSD infrastructure

Shawn Webb

Oct 26, 2023, 6:47:05 PM10/26/23
to HardenedBSD Users
Hey all,

We are under contract to purchase a home! We expect to start moving in towards
the end of November.

The HardenedBSD infrastructure will likely be moved over first. This should be
the last physical move of the infrastructure for a long while. The internet
provider at the new location provides much better upload speeds, so those making
use of our services should see much better speeds. The power capabilities at the
new place is also much better.

I'll keep everyone updated. I'm hoping to structure this physical move such that
it's plug-n-play at the new location. With it being around a fifteen-minute
drive from where we currently live, the transplant should only take a few hours.

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer

https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/pubkeys/-/raw/master/Shawn_Webb/03A4CBEBB82EA5A67D9F3853FF2E67A277F8E1FA.pub.asc
signature.asc

Shawn Webb

Nov 10, 2023, 12:17:13 PM11/10/23
to HardenedBSD Users
On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 06:46:59PM -0400, Shawn Webb wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> We are under contract to purchase a home! We expect to start moving in towards
> the end of November.
>
> The HardenedBSD infrastructure will likely be moved over first. This should be
> the last physical move of the infrastructure for a long while. The internet
> provider at the new location provides much better upload speeds, so those making
> use of our services should see much better speeds. The power capabilities at the
> new place is also much better.
>
> I'll keep everyone updated. I'm hoping to structure this physical move such that
> it's plug-n-play at the new location. With it being around a fifteen-minute
> drive from where we currently live, the transplant should only take a few hours.

We've closed on a property! I'm hoping to migrate the HardenedBSD
dev/build infrastructure on 02 Dec 2023. I'll keep everyone informed
of any changes.
signature.asc

Shawn Webb

Nov 26, 2023, 7:10:29 PM11/26/23
to HardenedBSD Users
On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 12:17:09PM -0500, Shawn Webb wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 06:46:59PM -0400, Shawn Webb wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > We are under contract to purchase a home! We expect to start moving in towards
> > the end of November.
> >
> > The HardenedBSD infrastructure will likely be moved over first. This should be
> > the last physical move of the infrastructure for a long while. The internet
> > provider at the new location provides much better upload speeds, so those making
> > use of our services should see much better speeds. The power capabilities at the
> > new place is also much better.
> >
> > I'll keep everyone updated. I'm hoping to structure this physical move such that
> > it's plug-n-play at the new location. With it being around a fifteen-minute
> > drive from where we currently live, the transplant should only take a few hours.
>
> We've closed on a property! I'm hoping to migrate the HardenedBSD
> dev/build infrastructure on 02 Dec 2023. I'll keep everyone informed
> of any changes.

Hey all,

It's possible I might need to postpone this a week or two. I need to
do some electrical work. But first, I need to learn how to do what I
need to do. YouTube to the rescue? :-)
signature.asc