Update git clone command for ports on https://hardenedbsd.org

Balazs Toth

May 25, 2021, 1:59:31 PM5/25/21
to HardenedBSD Users
Hi,

This just a friendly reminder you may wish to update the ports clone command on the start page. Currently, it looks like this:

git clone --single-branch --branch master https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/ports.git /usr/ports/

my guess, it should look like

git clone --single-branch --branch hardenedbsd/main https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/ports.git /usr/ports/

P.S.: please just ignore my message if I am wrong with it and you still prefer master but I guess that is not the case based on this

Balazs

Shawn Webb

May 25, 2021, 2:01:35 PM5/25/21
to Balazs Toth, HardenedBSD Users
Good catch. Thanks!

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer

https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/pubkeys/-/raw/master/Shawn_Webb/03A4CBEBB82EA5A67D9F3853FF2E67A277F8E1FA.pub.asc
signature.asc

Balazs Toth

May 25, 2021, 2:15:45 PM5/25/21
to Shawn Webb, HardenedBSD Users
Hi,

I see you have already changed, but I am afraid it still not good as the branch name is

hardenedbsd/master

instead

hardenedbsd/main

Balazs

Loic F

May 25, 2021, 2:46:40 PM5/25/21
to Balazs Toth, Shawn Webb, HardenedBSD Users

On 25 May 2021, at 20:01, Shawn Webb <shawn...@hardenedbsd.org> wrote:

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 10:59:30AM -0700, Balazs Toth wrote:
Hi,

This just a friendly reminder you may wish to update the ports clone
command on the start page. Currently, it looks like this:

git clone --single-branch --branch master
https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/ports.git /usr/ports/

my guess, it should look like

git clone --single-branch --branch hardenedbsd/main
https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/ports.git /usr/ports/
P.S.: please just ignore my message if I am wrong with it and you still
prefer master but I guess that is not the case based on this
https://hardenedbsd.org/article/shawn-webb/2021-04-06/freebsds-ports-migration-git-and-its-impact-hardenedbsd

Good catch. Thanks!

Small suggestion for 13-STABLE and 12-STABLE :
sed 's/hardenedbsd.git/HardenedBSD.git/'

Otherwise the visitor has an error code 500 if he clicks on the link (case sensitive).

Thanks.

--
Loic
dev team