Build infrastructure network maintenance

Shawn Webb

Mar 2, 2021, 12:09:41 PM3/2/21
to HardenedBSD Users
Hey all,

Quick note: I'm going to be replacing a bunch of network cables today
with appropriately-sized ones. Each server in our build infrastructure
will go down periodically. I'll update everyone when the work is done.

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer

https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/pubkeys/-/raw/master/Shawn_Webb/03A4CBEBB82EA5A67D9F3853FF2E67A277F8E1FA.pub.asc
signature.asc

Shawn Webb

Mar 2, 2021, 7:45:10 PM3/2/21
to HardenedBSD Users
On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 12:09:39PM -0500, Shawn Webb wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Quick note: I'm going to be replacing a bunch of network cables today
> with appropriately-sized ones. Each server in our build infrastructure
> will go down periodically. I'll update everyone when the work is done.

My day got derailed with meetings and a migraine. The only work on the
HardenedBSD infrastructure was finding out that our 13-STABLE/amd64
nightly build server has a dead drive. I need to move around some
equipment to install a new drive I have on hand, and I didn't have
time to do that. So I shutdown the server and will replace the drive
next time I'm in the office.

Note that this means that the nightly build servers for both
12-STABLE/amd64 and 13-STABLE/amd64 are both down.
signature.asc

Shawn Webb

Mar 9, 2021, 4:43:42 PM3/9/21
to HardenedBSD Users
On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 07:45:07PM -0500, Shawn Webb wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 12:09:39PM -0500, Shawn Webb wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Quick note: I'm going to be replacing a bunch of network cables today
> > with appropriately-sized ones. Each server in our build infrastructure
> > will go down periodically. I'll update everyone when the work is done.
>
> My day got derailed with meetings and a migraine. The only work on the
> HardenedBSD infrastructure was finding out that our 13-STABLE/amd64
> nightly build server has a dead drive. I need to move around some
> equipment to install a new drive I have on hand, and I didn't have
> time to do that. So I shutdown the server and will replace the drive
> next time I'm in the office.
>
> Note that this means that the nightly build servers for both
> 12-STABLE/amd64 and 13-STABLE/amd64 are both down.

I'll take care of this on Thursday of this week, when I'll make it up
to the datacenter. I'll also deploy another server to help with
maintaining 12-STABLE.
signature.asc