Hello,

Christophe Descroizette

Mar 21, 2022, 7:17:21 AM3/21/22
to HardenedBSD Users
When I run Xsane the response is "no device available".
However, my old usb scanner is the most classic: Epson Perfection 1650.
It works natively on any Linux or BSD distribution.

scanimage -L : device 'epson:libusb:000:002' is a Epson GT 8200 flatbed scanner
dmesg : ugen0.2: <EPSON EPSON Scanner> at usbus0

How can I get it to be found by Xsane?

Many thanks,

Christophe

Shawn Webb

Mar 21, 2022, 9:29:04 AM3/21/22
to Christophe Descroizette, HardenedBSD Users
Hey Christophe,

Can you run ktrace+kdump on the executable? You'll want to post the
output of kdump somewhere (warning: the output will likely be quite
long).

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer

https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/pubkeys/-/raw/master/Shawn_Webb/03A4CBEBB82EA5A67D9F3853FF2E67A277F8E1FA.pub.asc
signature.asc

vv

Mar 21, 2022, 10:11:52 AM3/21/22
to Christophe Descroizette, HardenedBSD Users
you forgot to setup devfs?

/etc/devfs.rules

[usb4users=10]
add path 'ugen*' mode 0660 group operator
add path 'usb/*' mode 0660 group operator
add path 'xpt*' mode 0660 group operator

/etc/rc.conf
devfs_system_ruleset="usb4users"

reboot

---

Christophe Descroizette

Mar 21, 2022, 11:43:08 AM3/21/22
to HardenedBSD Users, vv.u...@gmail.com, Christophe Descroizette
You know what ? I had 2 different devfs.rules !!!
And nothing in my rc.conf file...

I must have got my fingers tangled somewhere.

Anyway, it's all good now.

Thanks.

Shawn Webb

Mar 21, 2022, 12:17:36 PM3/21/22
to Christophe Descroizette, HardenedBSD Users, vv.u...@gmail.com
Cool cool. I completely forgot about devfs. I'm glad you were able to
get it working. :-)
signature.asc