HEADS UP: Build infrastructure power maintenance

Shawn Webb

Jul 25, 2022, 1:02:00 PM7/25/22
to HardenedBSD Users
Hey all,

On Wednesday, 27 Jul 2022, the HardenedBSD build infrastructure will
be temporarily powered down for a few hours to allow facility
maintenance staff to perform maintenance on the power systems. The
expected downtime will start at around 0730 EDT (US/Eastern).

I'll also take this as an opportunity to perform some physical server
maintenance.

I will let everyone know when power has been restored and systems are
back online.

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer

https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/pubkeys/-/raw/master/Shawn_Webb/03A4CBEBB82EA5A67D9F3853FF2E67A277F8E1FA.pub.asc
signature.asc

Shawn Webb

Jul 27, 2022, 7:31:51 AM7/27/22
to HardenedBSD Users
On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 01:01:24PM -0400, Shawn Webb wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> On Wednesday, 27 Jul 2022, the HardenedBSD build infrastructure will
> be temporarily powered down for a few hours to allow facility
> maintenance staff to perform maintenance on the power systems. The
> expected downtime will start at around 0730 EDT (US/Eastern).
>
> I'll also take this as an opportunity to perform some physical server
> maintenance.
>
> I will let everyone know when power has been restored and systems are
> back online.

Hey all,

I've started the maintenance process. I'm powering down the build
infrastructure now.
signature.asc

Shawn Webb

Jul 27, 2022, 8:30:03 PM7/27/22
to HardenedBSD Users
On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 07:30:46AM -0400, Shawn Webb wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 01:01:24PM -0400, Shawn Webb wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > On Wednesday, 27 Jul 2022, the HardenedBSD build infrastructure will
> > be temporarily powered down for a few hours to allow facility
> > maintenance staff to perform maintenance on the power systems. The
> > expected downtime will start at around 0730 EDT (US/Eastern).
> >
> > I'll also take this as an opportunity to perform some physical server
> > maintenance.
> >
> > I will let everyone know when power has been restored and systems are
> > back online.
>
> Hey all,
>
> I've started the maintenance process. I'm powering down the build
> infrastructure now.

GitLab and the auto-sync service is back up. I ran out of time today
and some servers are still down. Notably:

1. The nightly build server
2. The 13-STABLE package building server

I will keep everyone informed as to when I get back to the datacenter
to power on the remaining servers.
signature.asc