man and animal

1 view

Tai Jin

Oct 31, 2015, 12:20:36 PM10/31/15
Confucius said there is little that separates man from animals and most people throw that away. Inflicting cruelty on others is one behavior that puts man below animals. Unfortunately, this is just one of many examples of workers abusing animals at poultry and meat factories.
Confucius said to love something is to want it to live. For man to rise above animals, he must show compassion and humanity. Religions talk about God's love. Man is made in God's image. So how can man not show this same love for all living beings?
Confucius said that the practice of humanity is reciprocity: do not do unto others what you would not wish done to yourself. Later, Jesus said the same thing: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This is known as the golden rule. Likewise, if you understand cause & effect and karma then you also will follow the golden rule.
Confucius said: Of all that Heaven has produced, and Earth nourishes, the greatest is Man. Heaven’s purpose is contained in our Nature. We must do some soul-searching and look within. Uphold our conscience, cultivate our humanity, and realize the Oneness of our True Nature. This is the practice of Dao.