in search of an older Win 7 PC

Greg Whisenhunt

Jan 14, 2021, 10:28:41 AM1/14/21
to discu...@hacksburg.org
I am in need of an older PC for use on a CNC machine. I am trying to build
this PC for a friend that is a disabled coal miner and doesn't have a lot
of money & doesn't know much about computers.. He uses Mach3 software so he
has to have a computer with either a parallel port or at least one PCI slot
(not PCI-e) where I can install a PCI to db25 card to add a parallel
port. Another thing, the newest OS it can have is Windows 7 and it has to
be a 32bit version of the OS. I actually already started this project with
a computer I had lying around but after I ordered a hard drive (mine was
dead), video card, and PCI to db25 card to put in mine, I figured out that
my desktop did not have a PCI slot... it only had PCI-e slots. So, I was
hoping someone could help me source a PC with these specs. The OS install
disks, I think, will need to be included because I wanted to have a fresh
hard drive to ensure longevity. Thanks in advance and please feel free to
contact me anytime.

Greg Whisenhunt

Lyle Evans

Jan 14, 2021, 1:52:40 PM1/14/21
to discu...@hacksburg.org
Greg,

I have several older Dell GX Optiplexs like 240 260s that sound like
they would fill the bill and several others. These are more or less
Windows XP era computers.

Lyle