Machining YouTube channels

Max Bareiss

Feb 20, 2021, 6:29:19 PM2/20/21
to Hacksburg Discussion List
To All:
     I have been asked a couple times about the machining channels I watch on YouTube. These are the ones I find really interesting:

For large machining and lots of machining products discussion, Adam Booth: https://www.youtube.com/c/Abom79/
For phenomenal metalwork and video quality of clockwork mechanisms, Chris at Clickspring: https://www.youtube.com/c/Clickspring
For large high-precision CNC machining of complicated oil and gas parts by an incredibly skilled machinist, Edge Precision: https://www.youtube.com/c/EdgePrecision
For well-designed home-built CNC routers and large 3D printers, Ivan Miranda: https://www.youtube.com/c/IvanMirandaCom
For machine rebuilding and old equipment, Keith Rucker (located in northern Georgia, I'd love to see his shop) : https://www.youtube.com/c/KeithRuckerVintageMachineryorg
For an incredible F1-style hybrid RC car: https://www.youtube.com/user/Keith5700
For someone who's not that great at machining, but likely to actually have the same problems and solutions we would: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Oj2izbHi9xuLXeP0N4vhw
For great precision machining and grinding, Tom Lipton: https://www.youtube.com/user/oxtoolco
For high production value and machining building, Physics Anonymous: https://www.youtube.com/c/PhysicsAnonymous
For a wealth of ultrahigh precision machining and grinding knowledge, Robin Renzetti: https://www.youtube.com/c/ROBRENZ
For great small parts, precision, machine building, and tutorial videos, Stefan Gotteswinter: https://www.youtube.com/c/StefanGotteswinter
For hilarious videos and good machining, This Old Tony: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThisOldTony
For high quality fabrication and welding, Workshop From Scratch: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1riE7iaU-jPm_UXfQr03sw

Adam Booth, Keith Rucker, Tom Lipton, Robin Renzetti, Stefan Gotteswinter, and This Old Tony all regularly interact with each other in real life and they frequently mention each other's YouTube channels, so if you start watching one you'll be enticed to watch the rest.

If I had to pick only one of these to watch it would be This Old Tony. The videos are very funny and I always learn something. All of these channels have very good "back catalogs", they've been putting out high quality videos for many years. However, Edge Precision frequently has his clients tell him to remove videos of their stuff being machined, so watch those videos the week they come out.

From,
     Max

JoEl Meeks-Matous

Feb 20, 2021, 8:58:22 PM2/20/21
to Max Bareiss, Hacksburg Discussion List
Wow Max, this is awesome.  I didn’t even have to ask for it, thank you 🙏🏾💯

Also, I really enjoyed meeting you today.  See you in the meeting this week and let’s grab lunch soon.

Best,
JoEl

All contents of this email transmission are deemed PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL and are limited to those expressly intended by associated email address or otherwise stated.  No portion may be stored, forwarded, or used in any other manner without expressed consent from J. Meeks-Matous.

Drew

Feb 23, 2021, 10:48:21 PM2/23/21
to Max Bareiss, Hacksburg Discussion List
Great list, a lot I already follow and watch, but a few new ones there I will be following and watching,

Joe Pieczynski's channel is one I enjoy, his machining is top notch - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpp6lgdc_XO_FZYJppaFa5w