ByzPi to ByzPi Wireless Connection

Chris Tsongas

Jun 12, 2017, 11:19:28 AM6/12/17
to Project Byzantium (Emergency Mesh Networking)
I am working on an Ad-Hoc project and recently tried hsmm-pi but it did not allow me to have the gateway link as a wireless interface.

I would like to confirm the following:

1) Can the ByzPi route wireless traffic between other local ByzPi's?

2) ByzPi can connect to a router gateway running OLSR?

3) Would it be possible to run two wireless interfaces on the ByzPi, one as the Ad-Hoc backbone, and another as an access point for clients to connect to?

4) If #3 is possible, could all client traffic be routed through the Ad-Hoc backbone?

I appreciate anyones help and I will be setting up my ByzPi tonight :)

The Doctor

Jun 12, 2017, 2:17:50 PM6/12/17
to Byza...@hacdc.org
1) Yes.  That was what we designed it for.

2) Yes.  OLSR should automatically detect the presence of a network gateway and advertise routes to same.

3) I don't see why not.  It's been a couple of years since I read the code but I think we implemented that.

4) That was how we engineered it, IIRC.

---
The Doctor [412/724/301/703/415]
https://drwho.virtadpt.net
"I am everywhere."

No PGP signature, so this may not be me.  Is it?

Richard High

Chris Tsongas

Ben Mendis

Jun 12, 2017, 3:26:33 PM6/12/17
to Byza...@hacdc.org
The project has been dormant for several years. I doubt anyone has tried, so nobody really knows. It might just work, but more likely it will require a bunch of little tweaks, and maybe a little new development.

Haxwithaxe might be willing to do some work for hire. Try emailing him directly about his consulting rates. m...@haxwithaxe.net