Meshworking in Hong Kong,...

brianc...@yahoo.com

Sep 30, 2014, 1:39:11 PM9/30/14
to byza...@hacdc.org

shawn wilson

Sep 30, 2014, 1:48:56 PM9/30/14
to byzantium
And without the tracking data:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2014/09/29/352476454/how-hong-kong-protesters-are-connecting-without-cell-or-wi-fi-networks
> --

Ben Mendis

Sep 30, 2014, 1:50:38 PM9/30/14
to Project Byzantium (Emergency Mesh Networking)
From the article (they're quoting Gizmodo), "Mesh networks are like Voldemort after he split his soul into horcruxes (only not evil)."

Yea, that's exactly what they're like.

Yes, this a fantastic development. It's good to see mesh networks being used to circumvent censorship and promote the free exchange of ideas. I'm just having fun with all the silly ways the media is trying to explain it.

Here's another one: "...Bluetooth - really just a sexed-up radio signal..."