Fwd: Re: [Mesh] openWRT vs. FCC - forced firmware lockdown?

The Doctor

Jul 29, 2015, 2:37:53 PM7/29/15
to Byza...@hacdc.org
Even though Project Byzantium appears to be in cryogenic suspension (I
nearly wrote 'cryptogenic suspension'...) I think it would behoove us to
step forward and tell the FCC that this cannot stand.

Here's a link to the FCC's proposal:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/kdb/forms/FTSSearchResultPage.cfm?id=39498&switch=P

Following is a breakdown of the salient point.

--
The Doctor [412/724/301/703/415] [ZS]

PGP: 0x807B17C1 / 7960 1CDC 85C9 0B63 8D9F DD89 3BD8 FF2B 807B 17C1
WWW: https://drwho.virtadpt.net/

"The world is not a match for you and me/No matter what we used to say!"
--InSoc