ByzPi - Dead Project?

Leonard Payne

Mar 12, 2014, 5:36:01 AM3/12/14
to Byza...@hacdc.org
I don't know whether this project was dead or not. I've tried to get Byz up and running on my RaspPi using the wget ....... | bash installl.sh

Didn't work - appeared that puppet didn't load and I also got some
error messages upon install viz:

err: /Stage[main]/Byzpi::Services::Sysvinit/Service[ssl]: Could not evaluate: Could not find init script for 'ssl'
notice: /Stage[main]/Byzpi::Services::Sysvinit/Exec[/usr/sbin/update-rc.d ssl defaults]: Dependency Service[ssl] has failures: true
warning: /Stage[main]/Byzpi::Services::Sysvinit/Exec[/usr/sbin/update-rc.d ssl defaults]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
notice: /Stage[main]/Byzpi::Services::Sysvinit/Service[apache2]: Dependency Service[ssl] has failures: true
warning: /Stage[main]/Byzpi::Services::Sysvinit/Service[apache2]: Skipping because of failed dependencies

Upon reboot we were still in the original OS

Is this project still going and can anyone suggest a simple way
to get this running?

Thanks

The Doctor

Mar 12, 2014, 7:30:45 PM3/12/14
to Byza...@hacdc.org

Edward Brooks

Mar 12, 2014, 7:38:04 PM3/12/14
to Byza...@hacdc.org
Doc, you rock and have given me hope!  I loved .5 by the way and booting to ram works like a champ.  got a 9 node net up over a compound that was working great. still failing at the byzpi thought but KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!
v/r
Ed

Fré Van Oers

Oct 22, 2014, 6:52:08 PM10/22/14
to Byza...@hacdc.org
Hi,

A while ago I tried installng ByzPi but failed. Next Thursday I'm leaving for Nepal to go install 8 computerclasses there. Due to the internet and power limitations there I just thought of taking a Pi with ByzPi with us, so our team of 4 can at least easily create a small network.

I'm going to try again (if I find the time this weekend) if I can get a ByzPi up and running, starting from a clean raspbian and using the tips above.

But if I don't succeed, is there an image available somewhere I can download or torrent and just put on an SD and boot? (or could somebody share one?)

THX

The Doctor

Oct 23, 2014, 3:35:07 PM10/23/14
to Byza...@hacdc.org