I'm hiring an R&D Engineer! (Reposting for a member)

Blabber

Aug 9, 2022, 9:59:12 PM8/9/22
to Blabber
Hi,

MicroRecycling Systems, my startup, is securing funding from a strategic partner to develop and manufacture our innovative sorting system. We need an R&D Engineer (the first of many, hopefully) to bring our prototype to reality. I will work closely with the person in the new position as they acquire necessary skills to eventually take over technical aspects of the product development process. Once fully up to speed, tasks will range from computer simulations, to building and testing machines, to ideating new designs; the full gamut. The person will also be in position for promotions into technical leadership positions as the company grows.

Let me know if you are interested. Otherwise, please, pass this announcement around and help me find the right person. This is an exciting growth opportunity in a greentech startup poised to make a big impact.

Thanks,

Mario Urdaneta

-see PDF announcement for all details-

Position Description
Your initial role will be to build and perform experiments to inform the product development effort, starting with our ongoing prototypes and efforts. Over time you are expected to grow professionally and lead technical teams on the development of core technologies, product development, manufacturing or other growing professional responsibilities. This is an opportunity to experience a professional life at a startup and play a central role in a product that can change the world. Through this journey, your position will ask for a broad range of skills and flexibility in using them. We are currently a small company, and you will work directly with the CEO. The position is full-time in Washington, DC/MoCo; part-time and remote when tasks at hand allow.

Responsibilities
• Support of product development efforts through experimental, computational, and analytical engineering methods
• Document research, designs, and experiments in accordance with Quality Assurance guidelines
• Ideate new technology solutions in collaboration with colleagues and partner organizations.
• Evaluate technical viability of novel technical solutions
• Support the growth in talent and facilities of the engineering team
• Work directly with external partners such as consultants, contract manufacturers, and suppliers, and manage those relationships.

Skills and Qualifications
• B.S. or M.S. on Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science, or similar areas required. Industry experience preferred.
• Prone to taking initiative and calculated risks. Able to interpret a mission into actionable items.
• Experience with engineering tools, such as CAD, CFD, or other
• Understanding of mechanical design and fabrication, including practical machine shop skills
• Understanding of microcontroller systems, embedded software, and sensors
• Understanding of digital and analog circuits, as well as experience with circuit prototyping and layout design
• Ability to use programming languages such as Python or C, including applied to graphic user interfaces (GUI) and embedded systems
• Experience with design for manufacturing and bringing a product to market is highly desired, but not required
• Ability and disposition to acquire new skills quickly

-see PDF announcement for all details-

R&D Engineer -Job Anouncement- MicroRecycling Systems 20220728.pdf