Materials

gippgig

Jul 22, 2015, 5:39:26 PM7/22/15
to Blabber
If anyone needs materials such as wood quite a lot is available in scrap piles at construction sites. If anyone needs anything in particular let me know and I'll keep an eye out for it around my neighborhood.

gippgig

Jul 23, 2016, 4:20:33 AM7/23/16
to Blabber

gippgig

May 8, 2018, 6:38:12 PM5/8/18
to Blabber

Nicolas Sabharwal

May 8, 2018, 6:46:46 PM5/8/18
to Bla...@hacdc.org
Liquid / gasses are able to be vectorized in such a way they are capable of computational processes. Can we not do the same with tightly wrapped E/M waves?

I feel vector fields like empty space are currently  underutilized.

Nicolas Sabharwal
Founder & CTO CONDUIT Sports
Skype: nyksab WeChat: nicsab
Big O Inc. subsidiary.
Website: www.bigo.ooo

On May 9, 2018, at 12:38 AM, gippgig <gip...@gmail.com> wrote:

Like what we do? Support HacDC by becoming a member. Learn more here: http://hacdc.org/membership/

Enrique Cobas

May 8, 2018, 10:43:17 PM5/8/18
to Bla...@hacdc.org
Neat, but seems popular science writers love superlatives and often I
wonder how much is lost in translation or embelished in the news article
vs. the peer-reviewed research article. For example, the news article
says 50x the current density of copper. The paper states 10x (page 3
left), unless I'm missing something. The news article also says "the
level of the current sustained by the ZrTe3 quantum wires was higher
than reported for any metals or other 1D materials. It almost reaches
the current density in carbon nanotubes and graphene." Which is it?
Carbon nanotubes are 1D materials.

Anyway I think scientists are pretty amazed with ZrTe3 carrying 10x the
current density of copper but journalists feel the need to add superlatives.

http://balandingroup.ucr.edu/publications/2018/2/ZrTe3-EDL-Preprint.pdf

gippgig

Oct 14, 2019, 4:48:35 PM10/14/19
to Blabber
Analysis of hygroscopic self-shaping wood at large scale for curved mass timber structures
Science Advances Vol.5 issue 9 eaax1311 doi: 10.1126/sciadv.aax1311

gippgig

Jan 17, 2020, 12:11:40 AM1/17/20
to Blabber
May be of interest: www.fablab.umd.edu
They state they're open to nonprofit organizations.

gippgig

Jan 17, 2020, 12:20:09 AM1/17/20
to Blabber
...and similarly for the Advanced Imaging & Microscopy Laboratory (www.aimlab.umd.edu).

gippgig

Jan 28, 2020, 4:29:39 PM1/28/20
to Blabber

gippgig

May 9, 2020, 11:22:21 PM5/9/20
to Blabber
Tunable solidification of cornstarch under impact: How to make someone walking on cornstarch sink
advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/19/eaay6661  doi: 10.1126/sciadv.aay6661

gippgig

Jun 20, 2020, 2:03:19 AM6/20/20
to Blabber
Strain rate-dependent mechanical metamaterials
advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/25/eaba0616  doi: 10.1126/sciadv.aba0616

gippgig

Nov 18, 2020, 3:51:42 PM11/18/20
to Blabber, gippgig

gippgig

Dec 25, 2020, 4:54:43 PM12/25/20
to Blabber, gippgig

gippgig

Mar 13, 2021, 4:15:05 AM3/13/21
to Blabber, gippgig
Piezoelectric... wood?!
Science Advances Vol. 7 no. 11 eabd9138  doi: 10.1126/sciadv.abd9138

gippgig

Apr 9, 2021, 5:28:48 PM4/9/21
to Blabber, gippgig

gippgig

Jul 7, 2021, 2:52:38 AM7/7/21
to Blabber, gippgig

gippgig

Oct 27, 2021, 1:55:07 AM10/27/21
to Blabber, gippgig
Mechanical Behavior of Single and Bundled Defect-Free Carbon Nanotubes
Accounts of Materials Research pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/accountsmr.1c00120 (available for a limited time at pubs.acs.org/editorschoice/)

gippgig

Nov 1, 2021, 2:10:58 PM11/1/21
to Blabber, gippgig
Stochastic Spiking Behavior in Neuromorphic Networks Enables True Random Number Generation
ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces   doi: 10.1021/acsami/1c13668 (available for a limited time at pubs.acs.org/editorschoice/)

gippgig

May 7, 2022, 5:41:12 PM5/7/22
to Blabber, gippgig
Safer carbon nanotube processing expands industrial and consumer applications

gippgig

Oct 29, 2022, 2:52:59 AM10/29/22
to Blabber, gippgig
Ultrahigh-resolution full-color perovskite nanocrystal patterning for ultrathin skin-attachable displays
Science Advances Volo. 8 issue 43   doi: 10.1126/sciadv.add0697

gippgig

Jan 7, 2023, 7:48:31 PM1/7/23
to Blabber, gippgig

gippgig

Jan 17, 2023, 8:15:12 PM1/17/23
to Blabber, gippgig

gippgig

Aug 2, 2023, 11:16:30 PM8/2/23
to Blabber, gippgig

gippgig

Aug 3, 2023, 3:59:39 AM8/3/23
to Blabber, gippgig

gippgig

Sep 29, 2023, 3:14:40 PM9/29/23
to Blabber, gippgig

gippgig

Oct 19, 2023, 7:31:25 PM10/19/23
to Blabber, Blabber
All-Weather Atmospheric Water Harvesting Enabled by Hygroscopic Hydrogel Paint

gippgig

Nov 30, 2023, 11:38:46 PM11/30/23
to Blabber, gippgig