DIY Bioplastics event in Rockville on Sunday at 3:00 PM

Blabber

Jun 29, 2022, 9:32:03 AM6/29/22
to Blabber
Cross-posting for a friendly biology-tech makerspace collective in DC-MD area! Come make bioplastics!

Sunday, July 3, 2022
3:00 PM to 6:00 PM EDT

Rockville Science Center Storefront
36 Maryland Ave · Rockville, MD

Details
This is our lab session.
We will have multiple people attempt the bioplastic creation process. Come, and be prepared to run your experiment. We will provide materials, and equipment.

Wish us luck as we attempt to turn Cellulose into Plastic!

As this is a lab event, it is strongly recommended to wear closed toed shoes, and bring clothes that can get stained. We will have gloves available, and a small number of goggles. If you want to, please bring your own lab coat or goggles.

MoCo Makers is teaming up with Capital Area Biospace, and DMV Petri Dish to host a community learning project.

We will be looking at cellulose - the most common component of wood - and turning it into plastic!!

This free event series is open to all adults and will take place at the Rockville Science Center Storefront. Join us to learn about chemistry and biodegradable plastics. This is a unique opportunity and we hope that you can join us!

No Experience Necessary! Free food and drinks!

This is not our standard meetup location. We are meeting in the Rockville Science Center Storefront, across from Buffalo Wild Wings - not in the Library (which means we can have food now!)