Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

gippgig

ungelesen,
31.10.2015, 19:49:3431.10.15
an Blabber
Enjoy the Second Glance puzzle in today's The Washington Post Magazine (p. 58).

gippgig

ungelesen,
11.12.2015, 20:58:3211.12.15
an Blabber
Unless people express an interest I'm discontinuing Hackerspaced Out. At the last couple meetings nobody seemed to be interested...

gippgig

ungelesen,
14.12.2015, 17:36:5914.12.15
an Blabber

gippgig

ungelesen,
26.12.2015, 01:28:1026.12.15
an Blabber

Kevin Cole

ungelesen,
26.12.2015, 06:12:5226.12.15
an HacDC Public Discussion
> www.spacedaily.com/reports/British_astronaut_dials_wrong_number_on_Xmas_call_from_space_999.html

"You! What planet is this? ... This looks like old Earth around 1920, '25."

pste...@gwi.net

ungelesen,
26.12.2015, 11:06:5726.12.15
an Bla...@hacdc.org, Kevin Cole

/// "You! What planet is this? ... This looks like old Earth around 1920, '25."  ///

*click*

"We'll never know now.  The line's *dead*, Jim.  Er, Kevin."

gippgig

ungelesen,
07.01.2019, 18:27:2007.01.19
an Blabber
In the Washington Post classified section (Jan. 5 & 6):
Electronics
WANTED: Flux Capacitor-Needed to complete an important project. Must be in good condition.

James Sullivan

ungelesen,
07.01.2019, 22:07:3007.01.19
an bla...@hacdc.org
You should respond to the ad and tell them to come by HacDC and look through our basement.

- James

In the Washington Post classified section (Jan. 5 & 6):
Electronics
WANTED: Flux Capacitor-Needed to complete an important project. Must be in good condition.

Like what we do? Support HacDC by becoming a member. Learn more here: http://hacdc.org/membership/

David Edwards

ungelesen,
07.01.2019, 22:16:3807.01.19
an Bla...@hacdc.org
Tell them that now is bad for us, would last week work for them?

gippgig

ungelesen,
10.01.2019, 16:32:5910.01.19
an Blabber, ha...@dpe.lusars.net
The Washington Post had a story about this (Jan. 9 Metro section, John Kelly's Washington).

gippgig

ungelesen,
01.04.2021, 20:06:0601.04.21
an Blabber, gippgig, ha...@dpe.lusars.net

gippgig

ungelesen,
08.06.2021, 02:45:0208.06.21
an Blabber, gippgig, ha...@dpe.lusars.net
Totally fake news:
Researchers are developing a prototype computer using 17-year cicadas. One cicada can count to 17 so two should be able to represent any number from 1-289, etc. If researchers can get the (other) bugs out of the prototype they hope to make a full-scale computer in 2038.

gippgig

ungelesen,
11.09.2021, 04:18:5111.09.21
an Blabber, gippgig, ha...@dpe.lusars.net
2021 Ig Nobel Prizes
www.improbable.com

gippgig

ungelesen,
21.09.2021, 01:50:1021.09.21
an Blabber, gippgig, ha...@dpe.lusars.net
When the space reopens let's build a Rube Goldberg contraption there (it could be largely overhead so it would use space that is mostly wasted otherwise).
A visitor comes by and asks, "What does HacDC do?"
"Push that button."
And off it goes...

gippgig

ungelesen,
02.11.2021, 17:50:0002.11.21
an Blabber, gippgig, ha...@dpe.lusars.net

There was a really good puzzle, The Haunted House,  in Sunday's Washington Post Magazine.

gippgig

ungelesen,
03.11.2021, 14:08:5003.11.21
an Blabber, gippgig, ha...@dpe.lusars.net

gippgig

ungelesen,
06.11.2021, 03:43:2306.11.21
an Blabber, gippgig, ha...@dpe.lusars.net
Having solved The Haunted House, I am amazed by the effort that went into creating it. Definitely worth a look, and many of you should get a kick out of 12 across in the crypt.

gippgig

ungelesen,
22.01.2023, 02:24:1022.01.23
an Blabber, gippgig, ha...@dpe.lusars.net