Who Wants Servers! Come get your Dell PowerEdges

Skip to the first unread message

Gabriel Altay

24 Sept 2022, 18:18:4624/09/2022
to Bla...@hacdc.org
Hello all,

I'm working on a long term plan to make the basement space of HacDC a bit more usable and stage one is clearing out a lot of the stuff that is not being used.

I spent the last few weeks making an inventory of the servers in the basement and testing if they work or not. I'm attaching a google doc with specs and photos. If you are interested in having one or more of these servers please reply here with an offer and I'm sure we can make something work. We also have two server racks (that housed these) that I will post a bit later after I get a chance to clean them off and take some photos.

Super quick preview of the ones that work (more details in the linked google doc)

* Two Dell Poweredge 2950s
* One Dell Poweredge 1950
* One Dell Poweredge 2850

best,
-G

Gabriel Altay

24 Sept 2022, 18:25:3924/09/2022
to Bla...@hacdc.org
If you don't want to reply to the whole list, feel free to email me directly.

Ethan Waldo

24 Sept 2022, 20:57:4624/09/2022
to Bla...@hacdc.org
The servers aren't worth the power they consume.  Feel free to chuck 'em IMHO.

Like what we do? Support HacDC by becoming a member. Learn more here: http://hacdc.org/membership/

Brian Madonna

24 Sept 2022, 23:20:3924/09/2022
to Blabber
Ya core2duo chips and DDR2 will that run windows NT 4 maybe?

Ethan Waldo

25 Sept 2022, 09:36:4025/09/2022
to bla...@hacdc.org

If you want to run Windows NT, I’m pretty sure you could just get it to work in your web browser ...

https://copy.sh/v86/?profile=windows2000

Sent from Mail for Windows