internet

gippgig

Mar 20, 2023, 8:56:29 PM3/20/23
to Blabber

I no longer have any internet at home. If anyone wants to reach me don't use e-mail - call me at (301) 229-6475 after ~1:30PM.
Anyone have any suggestions or advice on getting internet? I don't need high speed; even dialup (if it still exists) would be sufficient. (Prepandemic I got along without home internet for a while since I was regularly coming in to the space twice a week and spending most of a day there.)
     Bobby

Brock Wilcox

Mar 21, 2023, 9:23:21 PM3/21/23
to Bla...@hacdc.org
If you have any neighbors you could ask if they will let you join their network.

--Brock

Like what we do? Support HacDC by becoming a member. Learn more here: http://hacdc.org/membership/

George Walker

Mar 25, 2023, 3:21:11 PM3/25/23
to Bla...@hacdc.org
Anyone have any suggestions or advice on getting internet? I don't need high speed; even dialup (if it still exists) would be sufficient.

Pringles-Can-Tenna pointed at the closest McDonald’s or Starbucks is a fittingly cypherpunk-coded option.

If you have a cell phone, tethering can be cheap.

Sent from my iPhone

andrew gillette

Mar 25, 2023, 5:02:13 PM3/25/23
to Bla...@hacdc.org
I installed HughesNet Satellite internet a couple of years ago. As a solution, it is comparable to 4g cellular.
--
The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments are confidential, possibly privileged and intended
for the addressee(s) only. Only the addressee(s) may read, disseminate, retain or otherwise use this message. If