Visiting Space + IRC

Tyler Hartwig

Aug 24, 2022, 2:22:08 PM8/24/22
to Blabber
Hi all,

I recently moved fairly close to HacDC and wanted to come check it out, was curious if anyone will be in the space this week?

I also saw the IRC chat, is this used very frequently? curious what the best way is to connect with members!

Thanks all,
Tyler Hartwig

Ethan Waldo

Aug 25, 2022, 12:30:58 AM8/25/22
to Bla...@hacdc.org
Hi Tyler.  I don't have plans this week, but we talked at our last meeting about having our first hybrid remote and in-person meeting for Microfabrication Monday this coming Monday the 29th.  Let me confirm if that's still the case and will let you know.

Like what we do? Support HacDC by becoming a member. Learn more here: http://hacdc.org/membership/

Tyler Hartwig

Aug 25, 2022, 9:47:01 AM8/25/22
to Blabber, ewa...@healthetechs.com
That sounds pretty fun, unfortunately I suspect next Monday I won't be able to in the evening (will be a busy work week for me), but potentially the following week if that's still hybrid.

Ethan Waldo

Aug 25, 2022, 9:48:58 AM8/25/22
to Tyler Hartwig, Blabber
We only meet every other Monday, but I believe there's another in person event on the alternate Monday.

Tyler Hartwig

Aug 25, 2022, 9:56:14 AM8/25/22
to Blabber, ewa...@healthetechs.com, Tyler Hartwig
Okay, that would likely work better since the Monday I was referring to is Labor Day! hah

Ethan Waldo

Aug 25, 2022, 9:59:17 AM8/25/22
to Tyler Hartwig, Blabber, Tyler Hartwig

That’s right.  Looking at https://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php?title=Welcome_to_the_HacDC_Wiki, the event doesn’t look cancelled but it does look like it’s going to be online.  There’s also a link to the HacDC Meetup there.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Matt Mazzanti

Aug 29, 2022, 7:20:27 PM8/29/22
to Blabber, ewa...@healthetechs.com, chao...@gmail.com
I'm in a similar situation, would love to come check out the space if you guys are open. Everything I've seen about the group looks crazy cool.

Any idea if the Open Project Night will be hybrid as well? I'd like to jump in there so I can work on/get suggestions about some of my ongoing projects.

jp...@georgetown.edu

Sep 4, 2022, 11:38:01 AM9/4/22
to Blabber, matthew....@gmail.com, ewa...@healthetechs.com, chao...@gmail.com
So does this mean there will be a meeting tomorrow night? If so, when exactly? I've been trying to ring the space but never get an answer.

Gabriel Altay

Sep 4, 2022, 12:15:19 PM9/4/22
to Bla...@hacdc.org, matthew....@gmail.com, ewa...@healthetechs.com, chao...@gmail.com
Hello everyone. There will be an open project night meeting tomorrow night. It will be online and you can get the timing and the video link from meetup (https://www.meetup.com/hac-dc/events/287869598/). There are also links from the calendar on the hacdc website (hacdc.org). We've had some hybrid open project nights (some people in the space, some people on video call) but it doesn't really work all that well in terms of communication between those in the space and those on the video call.

I've played around with the idea of having two dedicated time slots ... like one hour for online meeting that anyone can easily attend and then another hour for meeting in the space but haven't implemented anything like that yet. Anyone who attends tomorrow online can probably get a lot of their questions answered though :)

Gabriel Altay

Sep 13, 2022, 8:47:26 PM9/13/22
to Bla...@hacdc.org, matthew....@gmail.com, ewa...@healthetechs.com, chao...@gmail.com
Follow up on this thread.

We've setup a meetup every other Thursday for anyone who wants to come visit the space.

Checkout the description on the meetup for what to do.

First one is this Thursday.

best,
-Gabriel

Jeremy Pesner

Sep 13, 2022, 8:59:21 PM9/13/22
to Bla...@hacdc.org, matthew....@gmail.com, ewa...@healthetechs.com, chao...@gmail.com
Thanks... but that link doesn't appear to be active.

Gabriel Altay

Sep 13, 2022, 9:02:48 PM9/13/22
to Bla...@hacdc.org, matthew....@gmail.com, ewa...@healthetechs.com, chao...@gmail.com
sorry! the link must have changed when I edited the event or something.
here's the updated link

Jeremy Pesner

Sep 14, 2022, 12:03:25 PM9/14/22
to Bla...@hacdc.org, matthew....@gmail.com, ewa...@healthetechs.com, chao...@gmail.com
Okay, I'll be coming! Do I need to sign up on the meetup or is just announcing it here alright?

Gabriel Altay

Sep 14, 2022, 12:28:58 PM9/14/22
to Bla...@hacdc.org, matthew....@gmail.com, ewa...@healthetechs.com, chao...@gmail.com
Yes, please sign up for the meeting. I don't think we'll hit it, but I set a max number of participants to make sure we're not too crowded in the space.

Jeremy Pesner

Sep 14, 2022, 12:58:15 PM9/14/22
to Bla...@hacdc.org
Alright, signed up! What do I do once I arrive at the address?

Gabriel Altay

Sep 14, 2022, 1:31:56 PM9/14/22
to Bla...@hacdc.org
Allright, apparently I've been using a url that changes each time I update the event sooooo ... here's a vanilla link to the meetup in general that will show the events

and I've updated the event description with,
Visitors should meet at 7 pm outside the westward facing doors, which are colored red. We will make sure a member is there to meet you and show you around. If you don't send a message to blabber and/or don't hear back from anyone, there might not be anyone at the space to meet you.

Tyler Hartwig

Sep 15, 2022, 2:58:45 PM9/15/22
to Blabber, gabrie...@gmail.com
Thanks for setting this up, I'll try attend in a few weeks, I have plans tonight or I'd sign up!

Jeremy Pesner

Sep 15, 2022, 7:33:43 PM9/15/22
to Bla...@hacdc.org
I was delayed but am en route! I just tried to ring the space but no one picked up.