printer

gippgig

Feb 9, 2022, 8:17:10 PM2/9/22
to Blabber

I want to get a good printer, with a strong preference for a laser printer, ideally one that can print & copy 11x17 or larger paper, but there doesn't seem to be good choices around. Any suggestions (I have to be able to print from my Chromebookj (I am mainly using its Linux))?

gippgig

Jun 15, 2022, 5:57:23 PM6/15/22
to Blabber, gippgig
I got a Ricoh MP C3001 (like the kind of copier found in a university library) that can copy & print double-sided 11x17" in color. The print resolution is 1200 dpi (twice that of typical consumer laser printers) so it should be fairly good at printing photos (copying is 600 dpi). This should be great if anyone wants to make posters (particularly since copies won't self-destruct if they get wet). If anyone wants a similar copier a few more are available.