Biohacking?

Norman Rogers

Feb 26, 2015, 10:26:06 PM2/26/15
to me...@hacdc.org

I am a recovering biology major with deep need for some science friday ( or Thursday as the case may be). I was wondering what kind of "biohacking" is going on there. I specialized in viral tools. I think I will come meet the group next Thursday if there is one to meet?

Matthew Hines

Feb 26, 2015, 11:40:20 PM2/26/15
to Norman Rogers, me...@hacdc.org
AFAIK, we haven't had a regular biohacking meeting in a while, and really should start that up again.

Personally, I might be at HacDC Sunday, and would be eager to meet someone with 'viral tools'. :)

On 02/27/2015 03:26 AM, Norman Rogers wrote:

I am a recovering biology major with deep need for some science friday ( or Thursday as the case may be). I was wondering what kind of "biohacking" is going on there. I specialized in viral tools. I think I will come meet the group next Thursday if there is one to meet?

Alberto Gaitán

Feb 27, 2015, 8:21:49 AM2/27/15
to Matthew Hines, Norman Rogers, me...@hacdc.org
Norman,

As Matthew mentioned, we need more interested folks to pump more life
into this SIG. Some great work came out of its previous incarnation,
including a biosignal amp created in great part by Matthew, but the
organizer left town.

Depending on where you live, you should also check out BUGSS, in
Baltimore. http://www.bugssonline.org/ They have a wet lab and I see a
5-session, 5-week course on synthetic biology starting March 14th.

Patrick Malone

Feb 27, 2015, 8:33:23 AM2/27/15
to Alberto Gaitán, Matthew Hines, Norman Rogers, me...@hacdc.org
I am a neuroscience graduate student at Georgetown and am also interested in getting involved with the group. The biosignal amp looks like a awesome project, and I would love to get involved in restarting the group.

Patrick

Alberto Gaitán

Feb 27, 2015, 8:58:19 AM2/27/15
to Patrick Malone, Matthew Hines, Norman Rogers, me...@hacdc.org
Looks like we have a critical mass for at least some planning.

We can organize on this list and gather in meatspace when it's
convenient. Thursday afternoons and evenings are usually good for me.
There's a regular 3D printing SIG that night but we could meet in the
other room. What are you other folks' regular, convenient time slots?

Norman Rogers

Feb 27, 2015, 10:05:52 AM2/27/15
to Alberto Gaitán, Patrick Malone, Matthew Hines, me...@hacdc.org

Thursday and Monday Nights work for me.

Patrick Malone

Feb 27, 2015, 11:19:10 AM2/27/15
to Norman Rogers, Alberto Gaitán, Matthew Hines, me...@hacdc.org
Thursday nights work for me.

Martin Gottschalk

Feb 27, 2015, 11:36:59 AM2/27/15
to me...@hacdc.org
Did anyone on the list participate in the recent 3D bio-printer build at BUGGS?

Julia Longtin

Feb 27, 2015, 11:42:22 AM2/27/15
to me...@hacdc.org
It'd work for me too, If people don't mind me running from room to room. :)

Matthew Hines

Feb 27, 2015, 12:13:46 PM2/27/15
to Patrick Malone, Norman Rogers, Alberto Gaitán, me...@hacdc.org
Can often make it Thursday nights as well. Will try to make that a regular occurrence, especially in a few weeks after wrapping up a major project.

Norman Rogers

Mar 6, 2015, 3:55:31 PM3/6/15
to Matthew Hines, Patrick Malone, Alberto Gaitán, me...@hacdc.org
We are hosting the Korean founder of Nanobiosys INC to demo his new faster RT PCR chip tech. If you are interested just call to reserve a seat (obviously free). Sung-Woo Kim is an impressive man it is worth hearing him speak. See the attachment for details.

Norman Rogers
US Sci Demonstration 3-17-2015pdf.pdf

Robert King

Mar 6, 2015, 5:51:33 PM3/6/15
to Me...@hacdc.org
This looks like a pretty interesting event. Thanks for sharing.

Patrick Malone

Apr 1, 2015, 2:31:19 PM4/1/15
to Matthew Hines, Norman Rogers, Alberto Gaitán, me...@hacdc.org
Any word on a group getting together to work with the biosignal amp?

Patrick

Alberto Gaitán

Apr 1, 2015, 3:25:59 PM4/1/15
to Patrick Malone, Matthew Hines, Norman Rogers, me...@hacdc.org
Hi Patrick,

Matthew and I are concentrating on an event tomorrow night so nothing
will happen this week. Matthew will be the one to coordinate with to
work with the amp.

HTH!

On 4/1/15 2:31 PM, Patrick Malone wrote:
> Any word on a group getting together to work with the biosignal amp?
>
> Patrick
>
>> On Feb 27, 2015, at 12:11 PM, Matthew Hines
>> <spamfree...@gmail.com <mailto:spamfree...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Can often make it Thursday nights as well. Will try to make that a
>> regular occurrence, especially in a few weeks after wrapping up a
>> major project.
>>
>> On 02/27/2015 04:18 PM, Patrick Malone wrote:
>>> Thursday nights work for me.

>> <mailto:meat+uns...@hacdc.org>.
>> <mailto:me...@hacdc.org>.

Matthew "mirage335" Hines

Apr 3, 2015, 10:06:48 PM4/3/15
to Alberto Gaitán, Patrick Malone, Norman Rogers, me...@hacdc.org
Now that the April 2nd event has been a success, I would very much like
to demonstrate the Biosignal Amplifier. Possibly Thursday this week, or
the week after.