cannot change my IP's it keeps going back to 192.168.0.123, I know thats the default but it will not change back.Please help it was working before.

cableg...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2017, 8:08:35 PM12/30/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
cannot change my IP's it keeps going back to 192.168.0.123, I know that is  the default but when I try to  change back. it changes for a sec and then changes back to default  Please help it was working before.
1234.PNG

Dan O'Reilly

Dec 31, 2017, 8:01:41 AM12/31/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
I think you need to check one, change it then go to the next and change it. Another option could be the batch way but I sign my own IP addresses and recall doing it one by one with the key being checking only the camera I was modifying before unchecking it and moving to the next.

cableg...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2017, 11:52:04 AM12/31/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
I only changed one at a time and watched it change ip's and 3 seconds later it changes back to default???I also tried batch change on one and it does the same thing??

Dan O'Reilly

Dec 31, 2017, 11:57:23 AM12/31/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
but when you changed one of them, did you first check that box next to it, change ip address, uncheck the box then check the next one and so on in that order? I remember something about having to do it this particular way for it to accept mine.

cableg...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2017, 12:36:16 PM12/31/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
yes, then after I uncheck it , I watch it change back to default...192.168.0.123

Jim Acheson

Dec 31, 2017, 5:20:15 PM12/31/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
You can power up the camera with the GW POE switch by itself, take your laptop and set the address of the laptop in the static range of the camera so you can talk to it and set the camera to a static IP address so it won't change on you. You can do this with each camera and mark them so you have some idea which IP address goes with each camera. So set your laptop to say: 192.168.0.200, and with your IE web browser type in 192.168.0.123 in the URL field.

Also....this might be worth a try. Flush out ALL history in the browser. It might be remembering something it shouldn't and that is why it's auto filling when
you don't want it too. This has caused me lots of angry moments in the past! You might want to try this first before you do anything else.

cableg...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2018, 3:48:13 PM1/1/18
to GW Security Q&A forum
Thanks for the help, I just did that and still this thing goes back to default??  I am thinking the camera just went bad??? and that sucks because they are over 100 dollars !!! UUUGGGG

Dan O'Reilly

Jan 1, 2018, 4:02:04 PM1/1/18
to GW Security Q&A forum
Even with the problems I've had, the support I receive is A+ and would go with GW again in the future because of this alone so give them a call and hopefully you'll be taken care of

Jim Acheson

Jan 1, 2018, 5:31:39 PM1/1/18
to GW Security Q&A forum
Not sure, but are you saying that you had this camera working but all the sudden it just changed back to default? Is this a new install for you? Do you have luck with other cameras on the network, but just this one keeps changing back, and not others? It looks like from your picture that you have 2 other cameras working in the 10.0.0.X subnet. Like you say it just might be a bad camera. Dan is right, GW tech support has been super good too me in the past. I had one camera that was bad out of the box, they sent me a new one in less than a week, also had a NIC card in one outdoor camera flake out and they also replaced that one. Be sure and let us know if you get this resolved and what was wrong. You might also try any firmware updates on the camera in question. Not sure what you have but there is probably an update for it. It might "flash" the software and fix the problem.

cableg...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2018, 6:08:21 PM1/1/18
to GW Security Q&A forum
OK, Guys I just figured it out... It appears that  I had to Delete the 2 files in the "log file manager" and then do a system restore"Factory default setting" in the system Maintenance"
Then and only then could I change the IP and it would stay. I also did this one camera at a time and was only hooked up with laptop to one camera.
Hope this helps others and Any questions just ask.
And thanks for all the help.....
9876.PNG

Jim Acheson

Jan 1, 2018, 6:16:47 PM1/1/18
to GW Security Q&A forum
Good job! Thanks for the update post!

GW Security Q&A forum

Jan 2, 2018, 2:03:34 PM1/2/18
to GW Security Q&A forum
We see that the cameras are on the 2.5.1.8 firmware. Please update the camera to the 2.5.2.0 firmware attached to avoid this issue in the future.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It was a bug with the log file not been disposed as it should when it gets full that clogged the camera's internal memory. The firmware will fix the issue.
firmware_TS38ABFG006-ONVIF-P2P-V2.5.2.0_20150530174651.bin

Jim LeBeau

Jan 21, 2018, 12:52:08 AM1/21/18
to GW Security Q&A forum
Im having the same problem, where do I access the "log file manager"  to delete the files?

I've tried connecting to the cam in Firefox on 192.168.0.123 but it goes nowhere?

Also I tried Wireshark and it shows: Duplicate IP address detected for 192.168.0.123 (00:e5:99:41:00:63) - also in use by 00:e5:99:22:00:63 (frame 109606)

GW Security Q&A forum

Jan 22, 2018, 2:24:00 PM1/22/18
to GW Security Q&A forum
You would need to set your computer on the same IP segment in order to access the camera using the IP address. And unfortunately, the web interface only works on Internet Explorer.

If you current network IP is something other then 192.168.0.xxx, then you would need to assign a static IP to your computer's network interface.

You will need to install the camera's web interface plugin the first time you access them, the default username is admin and password is 123456.

Once in the web interface, the log file option is under systems.

If you run into the problem and need help, please give us a call or email to sup...@gwsecurityusa.com.

wayne mariette

May 26, 2022, 5:07:00 PM5/26/22
to GW Security Q&A forum, GW Security Q&A forum
how does one actually connect camera to pc? just plug into network port?