GW3208E-8P

fique por aqui

Jun 26, 2023, 10:43:33 PM6/26/23
to GW Security Q&A forum
I have a GW3208E-8P system installed since 11/2017.  Once it would not boot, showing a "Waiting" message on boot screen.  Warranty was still valid and GWS fixed it for me.  Week ago, on a normal weekly reboot, it happened again.  After the third power reset, it came back alive and now I am wondering if I should do a full backup of the hard drive to a newer unit, maybe using a Linux PC.

Is this possible?  Thanks.  Mauro L

Jack Wan

Jun 27, 2023, 2:24:57 PM6/27/23
to GW Security Q&A forum, blueja...@gmail.com
You should first try to backup to a new disk and find out if there is a disk error on the old one.
I don't think you can use off the shelf Linux to run GW nvr, I maybe wrong, however.