GW7808NP & Onvif recording

Jack Wan

Jul 20, 2022, 6:17:50 PM7/20/22
to GW Security Q&A forum
I have this NVR with system information as attached.
This is an 8 port nvr. 4 ports are used for POE cameras that came with the package. The other 4 ports are assigned with other brands cameras that uses ONVIF protocol via ethernet that is not attached to the NVR. I have no problem with receiving streams of ONVIF videos. However, recording those videos from ONVIF protocols there are "gaps" when I do a play back search, The gap could be few minutes to few hours apart or even 10+ hours in one of the days. This does not happen with POE connected GW cameras that uses "Smart" protocol.

Is there a firmware update for this NVR? If not, how do I resolve this?

gw.jpg

Jack Wan

Jul 23, 2022, 8:54:40 PM7/23/22
to GW Security Q&A forum
ok, problem solved.  For your future reference.
I carefully compared all the settings of each camera. The cameras in question had an Iframe(or Key Frame) interval set at  50 default whereas the GW  "standard cameras" set at 20, when I changed the indices to 20, the recording became normal. It has nothing to do with protocol.

Arthur Reed

Jul 23, 2022, 9:23:25 PM7/23/22
to GW Security Q&A forum, jack...@gmail.com
Congratulations!...and thanks for sharing.