GW-5037IP Cameras loose static setting

Jim Acheson

Nov 8, 2022, 4:24:46 AM11/8/22
to GW Security Q&A forum
This is a NVR GW-4108EP (build date 10-09-2020) with 8 cameras. GW-5037 and GW-539IP cameras. At random times some of the cameras loose their static IP address, revert back to dynamic default IP (192.168.0.123). I noticed there was a power grid drop the other day and 4 cameras defaulted back to factory settings. However it doesn't always have to be a power outage to make this happen. I'm not sure if this is a software fault in the NVR or the cameras (or both). Has anyone had this problem and do you know how to fix the issue? If its an update which one is it? I have a UPS coming in the mail to put on the system but I'm not convinced this will fix the issue, I'd like to get it fixed. The NVR and cameras are the only devices on the network, so there are NO IP conflicts.
Regards, Jim Acheson

bbarth...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2022, 1:38:51 PM11/14/22
to GW Security Q&A forum, emai...@centurytel.net
Any luck with your issue?    I have the GW5516NPN with 14 of the GW-5037 cameras.
I think all but 2 either kept going to the 192.168.0.123 or a random 10.10.25.XXX IP address.
I do have the NVR camera network set to DHCP, but they usually go in order.  10.10.25.151, 10.10.25,152, etc when it assigns IP's.
We have several NVR's on the network, so I took this one off the network and it went back to working correctly.
Even though it is on the network it shouldn't see other camera IP's to cause any conflicts.

Next thing I am going to try is changing the internal camera network to something besides 10.10.25.100

Jim Acheson

Nov 26, 2022, 4:57:51 PM11/26/22
to GW Security Q&A forum, bbarth...@gmail.com, Jim Acheson

No response from GW as of 11/26/2022. Just went to the location and reset about 4 of the cameras back to a static address after the 4 defaulted to the factory address of 192.168.0.123.

bbarth...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2023, 8:47:51 AM1/16/23
to GW Security Q&A forum, emai...@centurytel.net, bbarth...@gmail.com
Ever hear anything from GW?  I am going to email them today.
I have 3 systems now with the 5037IP cameras and they are all doing the same thing.
I have the internal network set to DHCP, but after a few days the cameras start reverting back to the 192.168.0.123 IP address.    I have to remove the NVR from the network, reboot, and then connect back to the network.

Do you set a static IP to each camera or are you using DHCP?

Thanks

Jim Acheson

Jan 16, 2023, 9:57:28 AM1/16/23
to GW Security Q&A forum, bbarth...@gmail.com, Jim Acheson
No reply, still happens at random even with UPS installed. The cameras are all set static (192.168.0.XXX) and they (and the NVR) are the only things on the network. Happens about every 3-4 months with no warning. I've installed about 5 different types of GW systems and this is the only one (GW-4108EP) that has this issue. Beginning to think it might be the NVR. Let me know if you find an answer.

bbarth...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2023, 8:07:43 AM1/19/23
to GW Security Q&A forum, emai...@centurytel.net, bbarth...@gmail.com
GW asked for firmware of NVR and cameras so they could try to replicate (which should be easy)
Happens every time for me.    If I have the NVR connected to my network and power it on, all of the cameras show 192.168.X.X
As soon as I unplug the network cable they pick up a DHCP address from the NVR.

Here was their response:

We are going to check with our manufacturer to see if we have an updated firmware for the camera available.

Unfortunately they are off right now because of Chinese New Year. We should have a reply later next week.

Jim Acheson

Jan 19, 2023, 2:56:44 PM1/19/23
to GW Security Q&A forum, bbarth...@gmail.com, Jim Acheson

Jim Acheson

Jan 19, 2023, 2:57:17 PM1/19/23
to GW Security Q&A forum, Jim Acheson, bbarth...@gmail.com
Sounds great. Please post results

Jim Acheson

Jan 19, 2023, 3:40:21 PM1/19/23
to GW Security Q&A forum, Jim Acheson, bbarth...@gmail.com
Just found an old tread from Dec 30, 2017 on this forum. It mentions disconnecting the UPnP on the cameras to solve a similar issue. I found the option on my older cameras (these cameras are working fine) in the camera web interface under "network then UPNP". There is an option to turn this off. It will be a few days before I can make it back to the system I'm having problems with, so I can test it. Might be worth a try on yours. You might want to go look at the tread with the date mentioned and read it before you make any changes.

bbarth...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2023, 9:13:21 AM1/20/23
to GW Security Q&A forum, emai...@centurytel.net, bbarth...@gmail.com
On the NVR under Network > Port Configuration UPNP is disabled.
I logged into one of the cameras and didn't see any options for UPNP

Oh well... was worth a shot

bbarth...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2023, 9:17:05 AM1/23/23
to GW Security Q&A forum, bbarth...@gmail.com, emai...@centurytel.net
Jim,

Just wanted to make sure about your setup

Under network on the NVR do you have POE DHCP Server enabled or disabled?
Did you remote into each camera and set an IP address?
Then on the NVR under Channel did you change switch mode to Manual instead of Auto?

I know you mentioned before that your cameras have a static IP..  just wanted to make sure.

I can go in and give them a static IP and change the settings I mentioned above and the camera will show the correct IP address.
That is just a pain having to remote into each camera to do that.

Plus.... if you have already done that and they are still going back to the default 192.168.x.x then no need for me to change them to see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks