Cameras that will work with 5532

Tye Smith

May 29, 2022, 10:50:29 PM5/29/22
to GW Security Q&A forum
I understand from talking to support that my 5532 will work with any camera that starts with 50, 55, 80 or 85.  I am having trouble finding a camera with the features I want, so considering purchasing another brand of camera. How can I tell if another brand of camera will work with my NVR?

Pamela Webber

Jun 1, 2022, 9:30:31 AM6/1/22
to GW Security Q&A forum, smit...@gmail.com
I have the 5532 and It seems pretty robust overall - pretty much will work with most ONVIF cameras.  I've gotten it to view Hikvision, Anpviz and some other off-brand cameras.  Sometimes you have to play with the port numbers and frame rate.  I've had trouble with it displaying Amcrest.  Of course with ONVIF you might lose some of the features you are referring to.