Password Reset for GW-NVR2208E-P

Jeanine Visuue

Sep 22, 2017, 10:46:02 PM9/22/17
to GW Security Q&A forum

     Cameras went offline, went to log in and see what the problem was and states the password is wrong.  Tried the default "8's" and still states wrong password.  Any help would be great...
Message has been deleted

GW Security Q&A forum

Sep 25, 2017, 12:43:52 PM9/25/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
Hello

Please email us the MAC address and system date on the unit to sup...@gwsecurityusa.com. We will calculate a master password for you to log into the system.

Please also include your order number for prove of purchase. Thank you.

xeng...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2017, 8:16:50 AM9/27/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
Hi Jeanine,

Please try username: admin, password: admin

This is happening to me, I still don't know the root cause.

slg...@basileiapictures.com

Sep 27, 2017, 9:33:28 AM9/27/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
Your system has been hacked.  this is happening across the country with the GW Security systems.  It happened to me this pass weekend.
I have however, been able to determine the root clause.

Sunny Kuo

Sep 27, 2017, 12:33:40 PM9/27/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
The root cause is on the P2P server back-end.

A new firmware should take care of this issue.

The link to the new firmware has been posted in another thread: click here

Or you can access them here:

GW22-24 series NVR
https://goo.gl/LprxxS

GW32-34 seires NVR
https://goo.gl/Azi2Q6

slg...@basileiapictures.com

Sep 27, 2017, 1:18:23 PM9/27/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
Is this the mechanism that RealView Pro uses to access the NVR?

GW Security Q&A forum

Sep 27, 2017, 3:00:42 PM9/27/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
For user who does not have port forwarding done, that is what the app used to connect to the NVR.

We are working on a new app version to separate each connection method so user can choose to either use the P2P service or straight IP connection.

slg...@basileiapictures.com

Sep 27, 2017, 4:02:05 PM9/27/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
This is not going to fix the larger problems.  You have multiple security flaws with this system.  Even if you, make the changes you just stated, it will not prevent someone from easily hacking this system.  There are multiple other firmware changes you need to make immediately. One is that you MUST be able to EDIT the ADMIN account's Remote Permission settings.  Currently all permissions are lock ON.  This needs to be change so that certain Admin rights can be turned OFF for remote access; thereby making them only available for LOCAL logins.  .  This will remove 95% of the vulnerability with this system.  There are several others, but let's fix this one first.

Message has been deleted

xeng...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2017, 4:18:15 PM9/27/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
I concur

GW Security Q&A forum

Sep 27, 2017, 5:09:52 PM9/27/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
We will most certainly suggest our developers to try and include such feature in the next firmware update.

slg...@basileiapictures.com

Sep 28, 2017, 4:39:57 PM9/28/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
This needs to be a very high priority to get done immediate (like now).  Not a casual suggestion for a future update. We have seen major security breaches with GW systems over the last week due to carelessness .  Which could have been prevented with just a little foresight.  I've lost both time and money.  This one should have been a no brain-er.  I do like the system in general, but these security issues are irritating.

Dan O'Reilly

Nov 9, 2017, 2:00:17 PM11/9/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
How about being able to change the "admin" username from admin so it doesn't give hackers the chance to only have to guess the password, they would have to know both?

GW Security Q&A forum

Nov 13, 2017, 5:22:51 PM11/13/17
to GW Security Q&A forum
The entire user account settings are getting reworked. A firmware update should be available before December.

Unfortunately, we don't have a detailed change log yet because beta has not yet being released.
Message has been deleted

Alec Burney

Oct 19, 2018, 6:09:59 PM10/19/18
to GW Security Q&A forum
i am having the same problem, except it's on a brand new unit. The default password of "888888" does not work.... please help.