Guide Dog Book Club guest Graham Buck

ann.m.ch...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2024, 3:49:12 PM (13 days ago) Jul 14
to ch...@guidedogusersinc.org

Greetings from the Guide Dog Book Club Team!

We are following up with a reminder about the next book club discussion, which is scheduled for Wednesday, July 17 at 7:00 p.m. Eastern. For this meeting, the Club is thrilled to welcome Graham Buck, professional dog trainer, former guide dog mobility instructor, and published author. He is the author of Buck's Best Dogs: Private Dog Training and Socialization Groups: a Comprehensive Approach to Training Your Dog. Graham is a devoted friend of the guide dog community, and we hope you’ll join us for this discussion!

Below are Zoom details for the meeting on July 17 and some additional info. Everyone is welcome to join. Whether you’re a graduate, puppy raiser, or friend of the guide dog community, we’d love for you to drop by.

About the book from Graham:

“This book began by providing documents on different areas of dog training, behavior, and management to my clients. As I started to put documents together, I soon realized that a book was beginning to take shape. This is a starting point of building dog understanding with people and their dogs.”

The book is available from Amazon and Kindel:

https://www.amazon.com/Bucks-Best-Dogs-Socialization-Comprehensive/dp/1664178643

About Graham Buck

Graham is a professional dog trainer with a comprehensive approach based on the east end of Long Island, New York. He grew up with dogs and has trained them for 36 years. Many of you may know Graham from his 31 years at Guiding Eyes for the Blind training guide dogs and their handlers. During that time he came to truly appreciate the need for consistency and repetition in order to develop reliable dog behaviors.

As Graham says, “When training guide dogs it is very important to be able to proof the shaped behaviors in real life scenarios.” He currently helps people and their pet dogs accomplish their goals through his extensive training efforts. At the meeting, we’ll also chat about an online library of audio training files developed by Graham. Below are links to a few of his audio files that he has graciously made available to the club. Additionally, you can read more about Graham’s background and work here: https://bucksbestdogs.com/about

Audio Files:

Senior dogs and puppies: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/co1rqtouyef20q0zij7nf/Senior-Dog-Puppy.m4a?rlkey=kv40ofi5ndjzxdmwe4d33pbx4&dl=0

Dog food and nutrition: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/m0rspur3cheduj21wolxe/Dog-food-and-dog-nutrition.m4a?rlkey=ysgjeg8jj1kc8poze5iayee96&dl=0

Get a copy of the book today and start reading for another informative discussion. Please feel free to stop by, whether you’ve read the book or just want to hear more.

To help keep us in touch and encourage conversations in the virtual world, we’ve created a new email list serve just for the Guide Dog Book Club community. That’s right, we have a list serve dedicated to our book discussions. Please check it out.

We can’t wait to share more information with you, so get those people-paws tapping on your computer or smart phone and sign up! We would also appreciate it if you could share this announcement with other guide dog handlers, puppy raisers, GDMIs, guide dog program staff and family and friends who support the partnership between humans and guide dog.

Hope everyone is having a puptastic summer and staying cool. Looking forward to catching up on July 17.

Until we chat again, happy reading and wagging,

The Guide Dog Book Club Team

guidedog...@gmail.com

Zoom Details

Topic: Guide Dog Book Club Discussion with Graham Buck

When: Wednesday, July 17 at 7 p.m. Eastern

Melissa Carney is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://guidingeyes-org.zoom.us/j/85325896722?pwd=kIMDyIRboaQ7HSJl7HfAvcECdtTp2v.1

Meeting ID: 853 2589 6722
Passcode: 443978

---

One tap mobile
+16469313860,,85325896722#,,,,*443978# US
+19292056099,,85325896722#,,,,*443978# US (New York)

---

Dial by your location
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)