seeking help for WELS One Africa venture

Kuster, Thomas

Feb 20, 2021, 6:15:34 PM2/20/21
to wels...@groups.wels.net
I'm looking for someone to take on a project for the WELS One Africa mission field.

It seems they are finding increasing uses for micro-SD memory chips in their schools and outreach programs, and would like to find a system for duplicating chips - "mass producing" multiple copies from a single "master" chip. Commercial devices for doing this cost thousands of dollars, well beyond available budgets. We are aware of some do-it-yourself chip duplicating set-ups that can be built much more cheaply but they are beyond our technical capabilities – hence this note to you.

For example, we found these suggestions online:

DIY SD-card duplicator

This site looks like the same thing

What we are seeking is someone who is willing to do the following:

1. Vet these systems to see if any of them are actually likely to work – or find (invent?) another approach that does.

2. Assemble it (we will reimburse you for parts) with necessary hardware and software, so it works.

3. Be a mentor to the person managing the micro-SD services for the One Africa Team so she can use the resulting device.

Anyone interested? Contact me and I can put you in touch with the appropriate persons.

Thanks for considering this!

Tom

Thomas Kuster, director
Christ in Media Institute at Bethany Lutheran College

Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things;   let this be known to all the world.
Isaiah 12.5