Mass SMS solution for schools

Ben Polzin

Jul 6, 2020, 4:48:26 PM7/6/20
to WELSTech
Hello,

Our PreK-8 school would like to start using a platform that allows us to send SMS messages to all of the students' parents for important announcements and emergencies. What are other WELS schools using for this sort of thing? Any recommendations or feedback from your experience?

Thanks!
Ben

Mahnke, James

Jul 6, 2020, 4:53:47 PM7/6/20
to Ben Polzin, WELSTech
Remind.com has worked very well for us and is free.

James F. Mahnke
Luther High School

Jason Schmidt

Jul 6, 2020, 4:59:08 PM7/6/20
to Mahnke, James, Ben Polzin, WELSTech
Add another vote for Remind. It may be worth looking into their subscription option depending on your needs. Another way to send mass text messages is through Twitter. https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/a/2010/introducing-fast-follow-and-other-sms-tips.html - bonus is that you don't need an account to do this!

photo
Jason Schmidt
Google Education Trainer, Seesaw Certified Teacher

Kevin Smith

Jul 7, 2020, 9:13:02 AM7/7/20
to Ben Polzin, WELSTech
One of our teachers started using OneCall Now OneCallNow and it is now used in every area of our congregation. We actually use it more for email and phone calls than for SMS.  It has been invaluable for communications during these abnormal times.

Kevin J Smith
Council President
Christ Lutheran  Zumbrota MN

Kevin Smith

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

Peter Iles

Jul 7, 2020, 9:37:53 AM7/7/20
to Kevin Smith, Ben Polzin, WELSTech
We use BrightArrow.

Wisconsin Lutheran High School

Peter Iles / Developer of Instructional Technology
peter...@wlhs.org / (920) 786-0061

Wisconsin Lutheran High School
330 N Glenview AveMilwaukee, WI 53213
www.wlhs.org

CindyK

Jul 7, 2020, 3:25:35 PM7/7/20
to Kevin Smith, Ben Polzin, WELSTech
Our congregation uses Flocknote https://flocknote.com/  for a variety of ways to communicate, including SMS. It’s specifically created for churches however it may also be useful for a school.

Cindy Krueger
Shepherd of the Hills
Lansing, Mi

Steven Lockwood

Jul 17, 2020, 7:47:54 PM7/17/20
to WELSTech, cindykrueger, ben, WELSTech, kevm...@gmail.com
I've used ClickSend for my son's school and it worked great. It's 1-2 cents per text and your first 200 text messages are free.