Good morning everyone!
Chris Hunt, our WELS rep at Trox, sent me the email below and asked me to pass it on to you all. If you are in need of Chromebooks for the coming year, get your order to him ASAP. He has the details in his email below.
God's blessings on your afternoon!
Hello WELS Customers,
I want to give an update on Chromebooks and Interactive Flat Panels:
- There will be a Chromebook shortages again in 2021. Public schools are already bidding out large Chromebook opportunities so that they can stake their place in line for summer deliveries.
- If you would like to guarantee Chromebooks in the summer of 2021, I will need you to email me a Purchase Order as soon as possible. You have one month after the Chromebooks are delivered to your facility before you have to pay your bill. I realize it is going to be a challenge for some of you to purchase before you know student numbers but this is the only option in 2021. Asus has committed to reserving/allocating the same amount of Chromebooks that WELS Customers purchased last year (thousands) If you place an order now it will help ensure that you will receive your Chromebooks in June/July
- Google announced that they are going to raise the price of their Google Education Licenses by roughly $8-$10 after March 5th. You can still purchase the Google licenses at the current $23.50 price per until March 5th 2021. Please note that you can purchase as many Google Licenses as you would like and hold them. The Google Licenses are provisioned to a specific Chromebook and the license resides on that Chromebook for the life of the device
- Trox sells all the Different Chromebook Manufacturers but Asus was the only company that had agreed to Bulk/Large School District pricing on smaller orders. This is something that I am proud of because I fought hard to make sure that WELS Schools are receiving the best price possible on Asus Chromebooks and Newline Interactive Flat Panels. All Chromebook Manufacturers are experiencing serious shortage already in 2021
- Asus is the only manufacturer that is offering up a 1 year ADP (Accidental Damage Protection) on new Chromebooks purchased in 2021. It’s your responsibility to register your units to ensure the registration. This only applied to new Chromebooks purchased in 2021 (This includes any and all Chromebooks from Asus). https://www.asus.com/us/site/ASUS-Member/ - Please check out link when you get a free moment
2021 Chromebook Models and prices:
Interactive Flat Panel:
- SMART Boards are nearing the end of life and the replacement are Interactive Flat Panels. Interactive Flat Panels are the new trend that the majority of private and public schools are moving to in 2021
- Newline maintains an 8,000 panel minimum so you won’t have to wait for back orders. The majority of Interactive Flat Panel Manufacturers are already experiencing back orders in February.
- Why Interactive Flat Panels? 4K Resolution, Clear/Bright image, ships configured so you NEVER have to align the image or worry about the panel not matching the touch on the panel and the price of the Panels has fallen dramatically the past couple of years
- I have looked at all the different Interactive Flat Panels on the market and I can say with definite certainty that the Newline Interactive Flat panel is the best Interactive Flat Panel on the market. Newline is the only Interactive Flat Panel Manufacturer that is willing to offer up bulk pricing on their products to WELS School (Please see attached).
- 65’’ Newline Panel costs $1,600
- 75’’ Newline Panel Cost $2000
- What comes with the Newline Panel – 5 year warranty, Free Wall Mount, Free Wireless Dongle, Free Online Training, Free shipping and free software
- Newline offers up Accessories as well https://newline-interactive.com/usa/products/accessories/
Please feel free to call or email with additional questions or concerns.