YOLOLIV YOLOBOX

Lance Otto

Feb 5, 2022, 10:08:25 PM2/5/22
to WELSTech
Does anyone have experience with the YOLOLIV YOLOBOX? We are looking for something simple that anyone can use to stream our Bible Studies, school chapel etc. Recommendations and other ideas are welcome. Trying to stay away from a laptop.

Lance Otto
St John Lutheran Church
Redwood Falls, MN

Steve Daley

Feb 10, 2022, 11:05:44 AM2/10/22
to Lance Otto, WELSTech
We use a Monarch HD Matrox HD Professional Streamer/Recorder which enables us to simply push a button and it starts streaming our camera and sound feed to our website (can be set up to stream to YouTube or Facebook or other streaming platforms). We have been using it since 2018 without issues. It is nice not having to use a computer to set up and run the live stream every time we want to use it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Pastor Stephen Daley
St. Paul Lutheran Church and School
718 Arbor Ct.
South Haven, MI 49090

JackDeth

Feb 12, 2022, 1:55:56 PM2/12/22
to WELSTech, pastordaley, WELSTech, otto...@gmail.com

We use Monarch as well. Compared to other similar units this one is "cheap". While it is supposed to let you stream to YouTube or Facebook, we could never get it to work streaming to Facebook. So, we only stream to YouTube.

We had to warranty it a couple times for various reason, but it's been working pretty consistently since.

Troy Schulz
Bethlehem Lutheran Ministries
Hortonville WI

Steve Daley

Feb 12, 2022, 2:54:59 PM2/12/22
to JackDeth, WELSTech, otto...@gmail.com
I should have added that we use our Monarch HD to stream to our Finalweb streaming service which is run directly on our Finalweb website. We haven't chosen to stream to YouTube because I have gotten positive feedback that streaming to our website and then having a copy of the service in the Media library shortly after our service ends has worked well for our membership who attempt to live stream or those who decide to download it later on their slow rural internet and play it later.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Pastor Stephen Daley
St. Paul Lutheran Church and School
718 Arbor Ct.
South Haven, MI 49090

Robert Martens

Feb 12, 2022, 3:58:56 PM2/12/22
to Lance Otto, WELSTech
We have had some luck with the Blackmagic Atem line of devices for streaming some talks, basketball games, concerts, chapel, etc. We have a more permanent solution for the church, but this device is portable and has fit our needs well:

We have the Atem Mini Pro

Sincerely,
Bob Martens

Martin Luther College
Director of Information Technology

This electronic communication, including any attached documents, may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information that is intended only for use by the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the communication and any attachments. Views expressed by the author do not necessarily represent those of Martin Luther College.

Lance Otto

Feb 12, 2022, 4:22:05 PM2/12/22
to Robert Martens, WELSTech

That looks nice. What do you use for a monitor? Do you need a keyboard and mouse as well? Do you need a laptop?

Lance

David Arndt

Feb 12, 2022, 4:40:02 PM2/12/22
to Robert Martens, Lance Otto, WELSTech
I would second the black magic product we use it in our church and school and have not had it fail us. As simple as you needed to be or as complex as you'd like it to be.

Robert Martens

Feb 12, 2022, 4:49:11 PM2/12/22
to Lance Otto, WELSTech
We just use a standard 24" computer monitor (I am thinking of getting something smaller just so that it is easier for me to use.

No keyboard or mouse needed to operate the device. With our Pro, I stream directly from that device. You do need to do some configuration through another computer, but once it is set up, it can be run, and if you know how to handle the streaming keys in YouTube, you can have it be used without the need for reconfiguration (I did that for basketball games so that others could use it).