Release of Scheherazade New v3.300 (Arabic script font)

SIL Font News

Nov 23, 2021, 12:11:23 PM11/23/21
to SIL Font News

We are happy to announce the release of Scheherazade New v3.300.

There are not a huge number of changes in this font, but one significant one is that we revised/loosened up the "rules for forming Allah ligature" (https://software.sil.org/scheherazade/allah/). So, for that reason alone you will probably want to update. We did also add all the new Unicode 14.0 characters in the Arabic, Arabic Extended-A, and Arabic Extended-B blocks. You can read the list of changes below.

The font is available for download here: https://software.sil.org/scheherazade/download/

For Linux users, the debian package is also available.

This release includes the following changes for this version:

  • Added U+061D, U+0870..U+088E, U+0890..U+0891, U+0898..U+089F, U+08B5, U+08C8..U+08D2
  • Added bold version of glyph for U+08AD ARABIC LETTER LOW ALEF
  • Added decimal separator feature (cv85)
  • Added a longer kashida for cases where diacritics are above or below U+0640 ARABIC TATWEEL
  • Revised rules for forming Allah ligature